Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weapons Ideas  (Read 2657 times)

Pasha_V

Weapons Ideas
« on: 12 Mar 2004, 16:35:12 »
Unless somebody has already done this, I am going to make the following weapons: SV-98 sniper rifle (almost finished), XM-8 Assault Rifle, XM-29 OICW, and the AN-94 Assault Rifle. Being lazy, if any of these are already out there I'd gladly download them instead. Anybody know of any such addons?

bigdog632

Re:Weapons Ideas
« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2004, 07:47:59 »
the an94 and oicw are available at a lot of the OFP sites ofp.info is one of the better places to look

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2004, 02:45:50 »
Yeah an AN94 just like in Metal Gear Solid 2 sons o liberty.
I don't know if I would use it much but hey what the hell.

How about making the weapons from Metal gear solid 2 sons o liberty.
SOCOM+silencer+light+laser
USP+light
M9 berreta+silencer+knockout darts(can it be done?)
M4+light
AK74

Ball Zack

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2004, 05:18:45 »
One suggestion.  If you do make the XM-8 remember that the grey display model with giant red lettering is for SHOW ONLY.  When the rifle does enter service it will be colored in desert tan, olive green, black, and possibly camo (and it wont say XM-8 all over it).  I just thought I should share this since I saw someone else was creating this rifle and did have it textured in light grey with XM-8 plastered all over it in bright red.

changer

« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2004, 17:26:26 »
Hi Im new.

Im loking for a Good M4 with red dot sight (like the ones in game, only more realistic) for V1.87, plez Help!  ;D

Thank you

Plz note trebor that you may send me your email address. Im new to the Forums so i cannot find you message.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2004, 18:35:00 by changer »

BoogiePimp

« Reply #5 on: 08 Apr 2004, 14:51:45 »
What about that gun off the equalizer? and it could come with an Arnie model to use it  8)

trebor

« Reply #6 on: 08 Apr 2004, 16:32:51 »
It would be good but i think ofpec Forums are only for real life things.

trebor

« Reply #7 on: 08 Apr 2004, 16:52:05 »
OK changer ive sent it to u  ;)

BoogiePimp

« Reply #8 on: 08 Apr 2004, 19:48:27 »
Well im an arnie fan so maybe we could have an arnie with the minigun off terminator 2 ? ;D

Kaliyuga

« Reply #9 on: 08 Apr 2004, 21:00:34 »
 I just thought I should share this since I saw someone else was creating this rifle and did have it textured in light grey with XM-8 plastered all over it in bright red.

lol.. thats a good one  ;D

I have a friend thats working on a rail gun at the moment.. not sure how much luck he's gonna have with it.. but its all in fun anyways ;D

There are tons of awesome weapons out there that exist as models only in the community right now... in need of texturers to complete them is all..  :-\

but there is probably most models you can think of in the pack..

p.s.   there is a man portable minigun out there somewhere I think already  ;D
« Last Edit: 08 Apr 2004, 21:01:06 by Kaliyuga »

bigdog632

« Reply #10 on: 09 Apr 2004, 07:10:37 »
isnt the minigun in bunker pack 5 or something

trebor

« Reply #11 on: 09 Apr 2004, 08:56:40 »
I know of a terminator addon out there and there are people working on his guns.  ;)

Grendel

« Reply #12 on: 09 Apr 2004, 18:18:11 »
Yes the M134 minigun "manpack" version is included with the bunker pack 5.  Someone needs to fix the anim of the non firing hand though IMHO.  This thing is cool to relive moments from predator and such but is so unrealistic it is not even funny: in the real world, no one would be able to withstand the massive recoil energy this thing creates.

As far as a knock out dart gun, It would be "possible".  If the rounds were configured to only do a tiny amount of damage (like that paintball gun addon), you could use an eventhandler assigned to all units with a trigger using thislist.  

Whenever someone is shot, the EH would check if _ammo == "dart", and would trigger a command to "knock out" the victim.  You could do this several ways.  What comes to mind would be to setbehavior "careless", and playmove "combattolying", "lyingtotreatdlying" although you would have to expeiment to make it look good and be sure it worked.  After a semirandom time elapses the unit would "wake up".

Oh, and to make the Arnie/minigun thing complete, LiquidSnake has a new facepack with Arnie's visage (even if the models are a bit too skinny).

-Grendel

BoogiePimp

« Reply #13 on: 09 Apr 2004, 19:28:59 »
Nice one i didnt know that lol  :cheers:

bigdog632

« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2004, 03:42:52 »
i used that T800 addon that gun is sweet
id like to see an M2 fashioned as a SAW personally ;D
walking around mowing anything down in yer way
there is another minigun addon out there but beware it is not it is a PK with a ridiculous firing rate

BoogiePimp

« Reply #15 on: 12 Apr 2004, 19:27:51 »
I'd like to see a gun that blows your enemys apart  ;D

Dubieman

« Reply #16 on: 12 Apr 2004, 20:17:34 »
About the dart gun if you scripted it right. You might have to tweak the AI since when they wake up they will probably have the "uncanny" sense about where you are when he was napping. Try shooting silenced weapons at guys near them and they turn and automatically see you.
Its happened in many of my black ops missions.

bigdog632

« Reply #17 on: 13 Apr 2004, 19:41:56 »
make it a blowgun would be very short range but it would be silent

BoogiePimp

« Reply #18 on: 13 Apr 2004, 22:34:48 »
Their should be a combat knife like on Rambo, with a throat cutting action from behind and a general stabbity stab movement from the front  ;)

bigdog632

« Reply #19 on: 26 Apr 2004, 07:28:45 »
One suggestion.  If you do make the XM-8 remember that the grey display model with giant red lettering is for SHOW ONLY.  When the rifle does enter service it will be colored in desert tan, olive green, black, and possibly camo (and it wont say XM-8 all over it).  I just thought I should share this since I saw someone else was creating this rifle and did have it textured in light grey with XM-8 plastered all over it in bright red.

they have pics of the XM-8 addon at http://www.opflashpoint.org/
and i dont see any "for show only" letters on them at all :P

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #20 on: 26 Apr 2004, 15:34:22 »
Look just above the pistol grip and you'll see "XM-8" on the side of the weapon.

That's also sketchy because by the time it's mass-produced and issued to the troops, it won't be the XM-8 anymore....just plain old M-8 :P

Dubieman

« Reply #21 on: 26 Apr 2004, 20:52:20 »
Combat knife?
You try sneaking up right behind an enemy soldier!
 :)

bigdog632

« Reply #22 on: 26 Apr 2004, 23:48:11 »
heh i didnt see that thats funny
but in any event it isnt the M8 yet so hes just calling it what it is

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #23 on: 29 Apr 2004, 21:27:43 »
Hmmm....
Knife...
There is a CPP value for people, something like loundness
If that is turned down, maybe sneaking up is more do-able??
(It was either in the commented configs, or the DofP's skate board..)
It would be really cool if it was possible :)
- Ben