Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: DOWNLOAD New M4A1 Version from Fliper!  (Read 10276 times)

ZIKAN

Re:DOWNLOAD New M4A1 Version from Fliper!
« Reply #30 on: 04 Oct 2002, 09:28:00 »
The character Hoot and several other characters in the BHD film were based on several different people and their actions on 3rd October 1993. He was mainly based  around 'Hooten Segeant First Class' an operator from Delta.
I highly recommend anyone who has seen the film to also read the book, as it tells you more in depth about the real men who took part and  what happened to Durant and how he was released after the battle in Mogadishu.

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #31 on: 04 Oct 2002, 10:53:05 »
I'm sure that Sergeant Sanderson (the other more known
D-Boy)  was based on Sergeant Howe from the book.
During combat Howe complained that these new green tiped (Armour Piercing) rounds were crap, that they went right through the somalis, he shot one 5 times and still not dead.
In the BHD DVD it shows an deleted scene at the base where Sanderson is looking at his new M68 Aimpoint scope, and starts loading his magazines with the green tiped rounds, Hoot tells him that
"The Somalis don't wear armour. Those rounds would go right through them, I don't know about you but I don't want to hit a guy 6 times and worry if he's still out there in the woods waiting for me"
Sanderson gives him a grin, and carries on loading his mag.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2002, 10:55:58 by screamingeagle_101 »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #32 on: 05 Oct 2002, 01:28:14 »
Yesterday was the Nine Year Aniversiry of the Battle of the Black Sea ("the Day of the Rangers" as the samolis say)

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #33 on: 15 Oct 2002, 00:16:51 »
Just a request to Flip.
Could you make certain parts of the M4A1 black, like the stock and foregrip.
Cause when I look at the M4 it looks abit crap when it's grey. That includes everything.
The parts that are grey on the real steal could you make darker on the OFP version.
Something that light coloured would stick out like a bulldogs bollocks.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #34 on: 21 Oct 2002, 06:00:15 »
ok just so you all know that the difference between an M14
and an m21 is the scope and the fiber-glass stock. i would amagine if shughart had a scoped m14 it would be an m21
and also a scope is much bigger then the one on his gun... its only an aimpoint

The Edge

« Reply #35 on: 21 Oct 2002, 20:33:41 »
ok just so you all know that the difference between an M14
and an m21 is the scope and the fiber-glass stock. i would amagine if shughart had a scoped m14 it would be an m21
and also a scope is much bigger then the one on his gun... its only an aimpoint
There are quite a few more differences between the M14 and the M21, and it's not stock material related. And a scope does not signify whether a rifle is a "sniper" rifle or not.

Just FYI.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #36 on: 21 Oct 2002, 22:37:18 »
well ive read alot of articles that argree with me
its got a few more things like accurising parts there isnt much more that differs from the m14 so i dont know wat ur talkin bout

The Edge

« Reply #37 on: 21 Oct 2002, 22:47:15 »
Details maybe, but it's enough to make a difference. Performance wise, the M21 *is* superior to your "average" M14.

Tight groupings, tuned trigger, etc.

So, yes, while they are the same rifle--in essence--it's still a bit more of a difference than furniture material (which is not true since M21's were initially designed with the wood M14 stock) and slapping a scope on it. Afterall, why give it a new designation instead of something like... M14SV (Sniper Version) or M14 match-grade? :)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #38 on: 22 Oct 2002, 08:04:03 »
yea i spose, thats just say its a remakable rifle
i would still like to see 1 that shughart in BHD carried and a gordons M4

and sum1 should make a M4 SPR (special pupose rifle) those things are awesome ;D ;D ;D

STGN

« Reply #39 on: 22 Oct 2002, 17:03:04 »
Sory registered_fugitiv when you say M4 SPR (special pupose rifle) do you mean SOPMOD (special operation modefication) M4 or what. And if not, what is the special about the M4 SPR, I mean what things do it have that others don't have.
It chould be that I whould make one when find out how to skin.
STGN

The Edge

« Reply #40 on: 22 Oct 2002, 17:49:05 »
Sory registered_fugitiv when you say M4 SPR (special pupose rifle) do you mean SOPMOD (special operation modefication) M4 or what. And if not, what is the special about the M4 SPR, I mean what things do it have that others don't have.
It chould be that I whould make one when find out how to skin.
The M4 SPR (Special Purpose Receiver) is a sniper configuration of the M4.

It was most recently seen in use (by US SF) in Afghanistan and in the Philippines.

http://www4.aixgaming.com/opend/album18

Verrry nice.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #41 on: 22 Oct 2002, 22:22:51 »
yea exactly sniper version and awesome looking

i would just be the persons best friend if they made 1 of these

STGN

« Reply #42 on: 23 Oct 2002, 16:27:03 »
I have found a coupel of pictures of the gun but there arnt many and thats a problem. I don't have time but I could make the most of the model today, but stil I can't Skin it so it whont be the most beuteful to look ad, but because i am only improving an old model there will be texture.
And you sound like you like this rifel registered_fugitiv
so you can get the alfa version when its is finish. ofcause you don't have to take it if you dont want to. ???

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #43 on: 23 Oct 2002, 22:10:54 »
cool man your my best friend ;D
i'll be ur tester for it tell ya wat else it needs and u take ur time on this awesome peice of weaponry

Miles

« Reply #44 on: 24 Oct 2002, 00:26:03 »
Ive made an M4 with m203 and acogs if anyone wants it-its in oxygen with the first two lods but i cant texture it, I tried but failed.

Heres a pic-647 polycount but i can lower it