Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mogadisu, somalia 1993 campaign thing. Anyone interested in making a campaign?  (Read 4367 times)

OrangeLeader

One reason I think the Marines left was becasue it was over there 90 day mark. After that time Congress would have to authorize them to be there. Plus the UN was finally there inforce. The Marines were there to earlt in the begin because they could move in fast.

In relation to the "Army grunts" saving the Rangers and the Rangers would not like it. I have to disagree. If I was fighting for my life street to street and I knew at the other end of the city were tanks and men ready to save me I would be mad. Yes the Rangers did a good job on there own, but alot of good men died that day. And the only reason was becasue the UN would not help and therefore the 10th Mountain Div. counld not becasue they were under the UN command.

tHe s4lut3

principally you are right.that also is what i would do.but on the other hand, there was a certain hope to manage it out someway on their own.but the whole un mission was muddled up from the beginning.it is nobody's particular fault nobody was clearly responsible for engagement in somalia and in the fight itself the fact that the convoy didn't  get diret information from the observation plane(to be seen in bhd)(which third world militia could interfere?they always try to get a nuke first..... ;-) )as well as the fact that un hadn't been informed(grrrrrrrrrrr the pakistani general really loved that according to the film) were a disgrace.(i've read several books in english and german about the un mission in somalia so don't think i just watched/read bhd)

Gee I LOVE www.grouchymedia.com

Damn how exactly are links inserted?
« Last Edit: 22 May 2004, 22:25:16 by tHe s4lut3 »

hooahman

Use the [url} and [/url] tags....to link to external websites.

But replace the } with a ]  ;)