Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem with Tonal Island Installation  (Read 3283 times)

PDOGG

Re:Problem with Tonal Island Installation
« Reply #15 on: 29 Feb 2004, 04:27:41 »
1.85 GOTY edition....(It won't lemme install the next patch for somereason but I thought Tonal island was for 1.85.......I don't recall anything in the readme bout that though......lemme check.... :-\

ok im getting pissed now. I found the GOTY 1.91 patch, succesfully installed it, tried to run OFP and guess what i got? a box saying "Cannot memory-map file 'RES\addons\o.pbo" WTF does that mean and how can I fix it? I would be beyond gratefull if someone could help me out.....I can't even run the game now......  :'(
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2004, 05:17:28 by PDOGG »

Homefry31464

« Reply #16 on: 29 Feb 2004, 06:03:02 »
I think you can use the -nomap extension to fix this.  Find your OFP shortcut on the desktop, right click, then go to properties.  Click on the "Shortcut" tab, then find the target box.  Replace it with this line:

Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe" -nomap
Of course, change it to your directory.  I also suggest you use the new 1.96 patch.
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2004, 06:03:56 by Homefry »

PDOGG

« Reply #17 on: 29 Feb 2004, 06:24:36 »
didn't work, thanks though ill go get that 1.96 patch if that doesnt work please god help me

ARGH i installed patch 1.96 it STILL didn't work i got that box again. I added what u told me to add in the properties exactly as u said and i installed patch 1.96.....ARGH now OFP won't even RUN this is so ridiculous all because I coudlnt get that damn Tonal island to work.........please somebody HELP ME!!!!
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2004, 06:36:15 by PDOGG »

sa8gecko

« Reply #18 on: 29 Feb 2004, 07:06:36 »
ok im getting pissed now. I found the GOTY 1.91 patch, succesfully installed it, tried to run OFP and guess what i got? a box saying "Cannot memory-map file 'RES\addons\o.pbo" WTF does that mean and how can I fix it? I would be beyond gratefull if someone could help me out.....I can't even run the game now......  

There is a simpler solution other that the -nomap one if it doesn't
work. Remove some of your addons.
If you don't want to do that, you can use Kegetys' method, but this
will require you to un-pbo o.pbo and then pbo it again.
Anyway, you can try this: (follow the instructions carefully)
- unpbo BAS_O.pbo
you should have obtained a directory called "BAS_O" in your
addon folder
now copy (not move, copy) the aforementioned directory in your
base OFP directory ("Flashoint" or whatever it is, is the one with
Flashpoint.exe and the Res, Addons, Users folders in it),
and absolutely, DON'T change its name.
Go in that new copied directory and delete the files:
- config.cpp
- stringtable.csv
Now return in the BAS_O directory in your addon folder and
delete all files and subdirectories except:
- config.cpp
- stringtable.csv
then make a pbo of the BAS_O directory in your addon folder.
You should have obtained a file that is only some KB big instead
of 61 MB
Run the program again and see what happens.
You can use the above trick even for O.pbo (standard BIS resitance
addon) and whatever big .pbo file gives you "cannot memory map"
problems.

PDOGG

« Reply #19 on: 29 Feb 2004, 10:29:04 »
Woah this is so messed up, I appreciate your help man but looks like i got lucky somehow. Ya see I tried to run OFP a couple times and on i believe my 4th try it actually worked and somehow it's working now, every time. BUT it says it's on Version 1.91 even though i installed 1.96.......well since 1.96 is just a beta right now i'll wait till full release to install it again. Anyways i still cannot get the Tonal Island to work. This is so frustrating........ :'(

Ok i tried installing it yet again but STILL NO DICE, and when i did it flipped out on me and im gettin that same response again and i cant run OFP. HOWEVER I got the 1.96 to work(it appears to be a different file) and THAT is running so i'll just use that....but it doesn't change the fact i can't get the dang Tonal island to work STILL.....
« Last Edit: 29 Feb 2004, 10:45:53 by PDOGG »

sa8gecko

« Reply #20 on: 29 Feb 2004, 12:20:33 »
Yes, 1.96 is FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE.
Can you, PODGG, take a screenshot of your Addon directory and
post it ? Remember the limitation on file size,but don't compress it
too much to make it unreadable.
Have you tried Kegetys' method ? You see, we are tryng to help
you, but we need you to be more precise.

PDOGG

« Reply #21 on: 29 Feb 2004, 17:58:43 »
Sorry I'n not being precise bt im not exactly a genius with this stuff like you guys probably are, I'm brand new to it. Anyways I dunno how else to say it....I wish i did but I'm not the most intelligent human in the world and I'm not sure how.................

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #22 on: 29 Feb 2004, 18:35:31 »
it flipped out on me

The problem is that you keep using phrases like this.    You MUST explain what's happening.   For example, did you get an error message?  Is so, what was?     All you need to do is describe exactly what you saw and heard.    

Anyway, it sounds like you have two unrelated problems - getting OFP to work generally, and then the Tonal thing.    I know you're getting frustrated because it's happened to me and it drives you nuts.  :P

Anyway, Step 1 is to keep calm.   :thumbsup:

Step 2 is to stop using inflammatory language like "messed up", which only makes the situation worse.  ::)

Step 3 is to separate the problems.   Remove all Tonal stuff from your Codemasters directory.   Stash it somewhere safe.    Tell us what Tonal files and folders you have - we're still not even sure that you have the correct download.

Step 4 is to update Windows and your graphics and sound card drivers.  

Step 5 is to re-read this whole thread slowly and carefully.  Then read it again.

Step 6 is to follow the advice given in the thread.

Step 7 is to make a post saying that you have done Steps 1 to 6.    In that post, ask about anything in the thread that isn't clear - we'll be happy to explain it again.

Step 8 is to tell us, coldly, precisely and descriptively, what the situation is.   You don't have to use long words, or fancy computer speak (I for one won't understand it anyway), just be precise.   Do not use phrases like "it doesn't work" or "it's all messed up".   You don't have to be a genius - just tell us how you know it doesn't work.  ;)

Does that all make sense?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

PDOGG

« Reply #23 on: 05 Mar 2004, 04:24:28 »
Ok I'm been gone for awhile I did your steps and OFP is working fine. Everything is perfectly clear in the thread,no problems there. I did exactly as I was told in the readme, extracted all the files exactly as it said. ALL I get is a file in single missions that says bas-isle-opfor-v1 which, when selected does nothing but bring me back to the title screen. In short, even though I have attempted the installation more times than I can count, and re-downloaded the file a few times aswell,nothing in Campaigns,the mission editor, or single missions is in the game, even though I follow the readme exactly as it says. I think it's safe to say I'm screwed. I don't know what else to say, that's how I know the situation and as descriptively as I can describe it. If ANYONE can help me I would appreciate it more than you can imagine.

m21man

« Reply #24 on: 05 Mar 2004, 06:52:40 »
ALL I get is a file in single missions that says bas-isle-opfor-v1 which, when selected does nothing but bring me back to the title screen.
Which suggests that you are doing something very weird during installation, as no such filename should appear in your missions list. Send us a picture of the inside of your Missions folder.

PDOGG

« Reply #25 on: 06 Mar 2004, 06:13:53 »
==========================================================
INSTALLATION:
==========================================================
Place the PBO files in Addons\, Res\Addons\ or a mod folder in your Operation Flashpoint directory:

* BAS_I1.pbo 1.00
* BAS_I2.pbo 1.00
* BAS_O.pbo 1.00
* BAS_OPCPP.pbo 1.00
* BAS_OPFOR.pbo 1.00
* JAM_Magazines.pbo 2.00
* JAM_Sounds.pbo 1.00

The Island anim Folder must be placed in Res\Addons\ folder (not everyone has normal addons folder):
* BAS_Isle_Anim

Place the Tonal Folder in your Missions\ or Missions\Ballistic\ folder:
Tonal Folder
* BAS_Isle_JungleOp.bas_i1.pbo
* BAS_Isle_RebelRoad_v1.bas_i2.pbo

Place the Insurgency_01.pbo into the Campaigns\ folder:
* Insurgency_01.pbo

Place the MP mission files in your MPMissions\ folder:
* dm@ 10 elimination v1.bas_i1.pbo
* tdm@ 24 kimbeassault v1.bas_i1.pbo
* tdm@ 18 slumskirmish v1.bas_i1.pbo
* co@ 9 jungleop v1.bas_i1.pbo
* co@ 17 rebelroad v1.bas_i2.pbo

MP Insurgency Coops have at least 3 extra player spots not counted in name, for opposition forces:
* co@ 5 scoutpatrol v1.bas_i1.pbo
* co@ 14 closetohome v1.bas_i1.pbo
* co@ 16 militiadump v1.bas_i1.pbo
* co@ 20 internalconflict v1.bas_i1.pbo
* co@ 5 zinaba v1.bas_i1.pbo
* co@ 11 warpath v1.bas_i1.pbo
* co@ 17 holiday v1.bas_i2.pbo

ARGH ARGH ARGH, do you see that? that is EXACTLY WHAT I DID EVERYTIME!!! it refuses to install anything but that damn "single mission". I'm sorry but I'm so beyond frustrated I cant take this!!! ARGH what am i doing wrong if i am following the readme exactly as it says???????

PDOGG

« Reply #26 on: 06 Mar 2004, 06:24:55 »
OK lemme walk you through EXACTLY what I do when i extract Tonal:

first I go into "ResAddons" in the WinRAR archive and inside is:

* BAS_I1.pbo 1.00
* BAS_I2.pbo 1.00
* BAS_O.pbo 1.00
* BAS_OPCPP.pbo 1.00
* BAS_OPFOR.pbo 1.00
* JAM_Magazines.pbo 2.00
* JAM_Sounds.pbo 1.00

All of which I extract to the Res/Addons folder in OFP.

Next I Click the BAS_Isle_Anim folder in the WinRAR archive(which contains several folders within) and I extract it to the Res/Addons folder in OFP

Next I click on the Tonal folder in the WinRAR archive, which contains 4 .pbos(the readme only states two but I tried it with just the two and it still didn't work)in the WinRAR archive and I extract it to the Missions folder in OFP

Next I doubleclick on campaigns(In WinRAR) and highlight the Insurgency_01.pbo, which I then extract to the campaigns folder.

Finally I doubleclick the MPMissions folder(in WinRAR)  and Extract all 12 .pbo's within into the MPMissions folder.....

WTF AM I DOING WRONG!!!!!?????????

please somebody help me I cannot take this frustration much longer......I dunno how to state it any clearer....please help me.....
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2004, 06:25:41 by PDOGG »

sa8gecko

« Reply #27 on: 06 Mar 2004, 07:23:00 »
Probably you are extracting the files with their FULL RELATIVE PATH.

DO THE FOLLOWING:

- extract all the archive in your root directory (C: , D: or what is)

- go in this folder (should be C:\BAS_ISLE+OPFOR_V1.0) AND
then MANUALLY MOVE all the files in their respective places as
specified in BAS_ISLE_Readme.txt

If this still not works, please procure a free program called IRFANVIEW
and take a screenshot (>Options>Capture) of your RES\ADDONS
directory and post it here.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #28 on: 06 Mar 2004, 15:40:44 »
I agree with sa8gecko.

With any addon archive I always extract to a temporary folder and then move the files MANUALLY to their final homes using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V (Copy and Paste).

Just extract the WHOLE archive to a temporary folder then move them manually as sa8gecko said.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #29 on: 06 Mar 2004, 17:05:43 »
That's what I do too.     I don't know what it is that you're doing wrong, but it sounds like the files are not ending up in the right place.      Winzip is spectacularly difficult to use so it's no surprise.

I suggest you check the various locations and make sure the files have all made it to the right place.   If not, get cutting and pasting.  ;D
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play