Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: respawn?????????????  (Read 2028 times)

US-NATO_Term

respawn?????????????
« on: 16 Sep 2002, 00:26:37 »
 ??? i was wondering if i made a black op mission, they beat the objectives, then time advances to the next day, kills off ur player, then u respawn into another group but say as a regualr soldier? is that anyway possible?

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
Re:respawn?????????????
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2002, 00:45:04 »
Ooo, thats quite a sneaky way.  Im not sure though that you can change character class mid mission.  Its an ingenius way though, if if can be done.

Pope_Zog

« Reply #2 on: 16 Sep 2002, 12:06:29 »
No, it's not possible. :( Believe me, I've tried most tricks in the book to achieve that effect :'(

Pope Zog

US-NATO_Term

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2002, 22:47:40 »
:( thx guys

Mike

« Reply #4 on: 01 Oct 2002, 07:26:33 »
well you cant spawn as another tpe of soldier as far as I know.. but u can "skiptime 24" to pass 24 hours in game time.. then use a getpos setpos to move the units to the airport. I dont know about activating a respawn after this effect. :-\

I hope I was of atleast a little bit of help :)

US-NATO_Term

« Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2002, 23:19:36 »
sweeeet, what would an example of the set pos be? cuz  can i dont know how to make a unit go to another spot, i only know how to make things go up in height

Mike

« Reply #6 on: 03 Oct 2002, 06:32:11 »
This is a piece of a scipt I have used, it will fade to black, wait a second then fade in into the position u choose. Make a script and name it warp then add the following code:

Code: [Select]
titlecut ["","black out",5]
~6
"_x setpos getpos gamelogicnamehere" foreach units group groupnamehere
~2

titlecut ["","black in",5]

Then fill in the proper names..

Make a gamelogic where you want the units name it whatever.. Also name your group taht you want warped, to name a group type the following in the leaders init string:

somename = group this

to activate the warp exec the script with

[] exec "warp.sqs"

if you named the script warp.. So put that in a trigger to go off which ever way you choose..

;) hope I made sense
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2002, 06:35:20 by Mike »

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2002, 19:07:31 »
Eh?  What if you had respawn set to "4" (group) and then did createUnit of whatever new unit type you wanted & then added them to the player's group and then killed off the player.  The player should then become that new unit.  Right?  That's a way to change "classes".

Doolittle

US-NATO_Term

« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2002, 22:56:52 »
maybe u could complete objective then fade, the get moved then get killed, and before u get killed the new unis u made join ur group in ur new spot and u spawn into them?

Mike

« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2002, 06:54:47 »
it would make sence if u know how to spawn units into an allready exitsting group. I dont know if u have to make them playable or not (I dont think so..) but if u know how to spawn your infantry into your group it would technically work..

chirac

« Reply #10 on: 14 Dec 2002, 23:31:58 »
[special1] join cop1 (special1 is the unit to be controlled, place it far away on map)
cop1 setdammage 1 (cop1 is the current played unit)
cop1 setdammage 0
special1 setpos flag3specloc (is the position where u want new unit to be controlled)
[special1] join dead
~10
cop1 setpos deadloc (deadloc is a position far away on map)
exit