Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP Mod  (Read 9378 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Members
Re:ECP Mod
« Reply #60 on: 29 Jul 2005, 17:03:54 »
You guys wouldn't be interested in a config for your mod utilizing the RFWP 3.2 pack and the LSR U.S. weapon pack, would you? I'm making one right now, it's childsplay just to replace the models and optics, so if you want it when it's done, tell me.
I am actually flying into a star... this is incredible!

Napalm Nation

« Reply #61 on: 29 Jul 2005, 19:40:28 »
I must apologize in advance if i'm posting this is the wrong place but i've tried to find an ECP bug thread and there seem's to be quite a few around, I didn't know which one I should post in so I chose this one.

I seem to have a problem getting the detail level's to stick for the ECP mod version 1.085. I normally set the explosion detail to very high and then I match the effects distance to how it is set in my main OFP video settings which I have set to about 1356.02. Once I have set the detail level's everything is fine for the duration of the mission, but whenever I start another mission the ECP detail levels always seem to reset to their default configuration. I have also tried selecting high detail and then clicking on override settings, but the settings still do not seem to stick and I have to reset them again when I play a new mission. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #62 on: 29 Jul 2005, 20:04:44 »
You can edit the mission.sqm manually. All you need to do is add ECP_Effects to the required addons array.

So it would look something like this:
Code: [Select]
addOns[]=
   {
      "ECP_Effects"
   };

what will that add to the mission?  all the effects, or will i be able to choose the ones i want?  also, will the player be able to override my decisions once in-game?

thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2005, 20:06:31 by .pablo. »

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #63 on: 29 Jul 2005, 20:18:37 »
No, no. The only thing it does is give an error if the user doesn't have ECP.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #64 on: 29 Jul 2005, 20:32:30 »
I must apologize in advance if i'm posting this is the wrong place but i've tried to find an ECP bug thread and there seem's to be quite a few around, I didn't know which one I should post in so I chose this one.

I seem to have a problem getting the detail level's to stick for the ECP mod version 1.085. I normally set the explosion detail to very high and then I match the effects distance to how it is set in my main OFP video settings which I have set to about 1356.02. Once I have set the detail level's everything is fine for the duration of the mission, but whenever I start another mission the ECP detail levels always seem to reset to their default configuration. I have also tried selecting high detail and then clicking on override settings, but the settings still do not seem to stick and I have to reset them again when I play a new mission. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

The ECP in game gui will only affect the settings for that map, they are not saved for the next map. To make permanent settings you will need to alter ecp_settings.sqf to your liking.  :) That way your high settings will always be loaded.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Napalm Nation

« Reply #65 on: 30 Jul 2005, 01:33:50 »
The ECP in game gui will only affect the settings for that map, they are not saved for the next map. To make permanent settings you will need to alter ecp_settings.sqf to your liking.  :) That way your high settings will always be loaded.

Thank's for your reply Zayfod

Unfortunately I have no idea how to edit "ecp_settings.sqf". I opened the file using wordpad and I read the instructions there but I chose not to make any alterations as I have no experience of editing files in flashpoint and I didn't want to mess around with the settings in case I screwed up the mod. I'm curious as to why the mod has been designed in such a way that it does not keep the chosen settings? Is it because of varying map sizes and features etc?

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #66 on: 30 Jul 2005, 11:48:13 »
It has nothing to do with the mod, this is caused by the flashpoint architecture. You are unable to write to files from within flashpoint, this is why we cannot save your settings.

Editing the settings file isn't really that hard. Why don't you just make a backup of the settings files in the ECP folder? That way you'll be able to put them back in case you brake them. ;)
Get those missions out there you morons!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #67 on: 30 Jul 2005, 22:24:06 »
You considered incorprating FWATCH into the next ECP? :)
That way you could save the settings, and it'd hopefully increase use of this amazing... erm, mod? Utility, thats it :P
- Ben

Steel_WOF

« Reply #68 on: 04 Aug 2005, 19:09:03 »
Guys,
Our group loves your mod.  You have done a lot to enhance the OFP game experience.  We thank you very much for your work.

I am having an issue with AI though.  Is this the appropriate place to ask questions about how it should work in ECP?  Should I open a new thread?  Do you have a bugs/questions forum somewhere?  Thx.

Steel_WOF

« Reply #69 on: 06 Aug 2005, 00:47:14 »
Anybody???

This AI running rampant thing is killing my missions, and it does not happen if I run the same mission with stock resistance.  I would have posted in the ECP Mission Design thread, but someone locked at already...  ;)

Offline Max_Power

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:ECP Mod, respectfully.
« Reply #70 on: 13 Aug 2005, 01:14:37 »
I have a few comments to make on your very excellent enhancement project on the subject of explosions.  I think the realistm of the effects of your explosions made by anti tank missiles and the like could be enhanced by adding more smoke and dust in the initial stages of the explosion, and increasing their duration.  Smoke and dust should blast out along the ground on all sides of the blast.  I've kind of been studying war footage to make sure my intuitions were correct, and I can share some of the (rather horrible) footage with you if you like.

Also, I think there could be some mixing enhancements made to the dynamic range sound pack.  I find that- while they sound good- the explosions do not have nearly enough volume.  While I know it's impossible (and unnecessary) to put the decibels of the effect to realistic levels, I think there could be more contrast between rifle fire and cannon fire, and especially shells flying through the air.  It seems to me that the shells flying through the air are the loudest thing on the battlefield- which is sort of counter-intuitive.  Also, I think it would be worthwhile to match the sounds of explosive round strikes (the burst sounds) with the rate of fire of the cannon that fired them.  Currently, they're all over the place, and automatic cannon strikes sound like a mish-mash of random sound effects.

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
ECP Mod and TACTEvents interactions
« Reply #71 on: 15 Aug 2005, 15:04:12 »
Both ECP85 and Digital Grenade's Marine Assault Pack TactEvents addon have bleeding damage.  TactEvents also has some other wounded effects such as blacking out and stunning.

How does ECP85 cope with possible effects conflicts with TactEvents?  Will players suffer double bleeding damage/effects and both TactEvents stun effects and ECP85 multiple ordance suppression?

The Marine Assault Pack is probably the second most used addon after the Bas Delta/Rangers.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2005, 20:00:09 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
Re:ECP Mod and TACTEvents interactions
« Reply #72 on: 15 Aug 2005, 15:14:49 »

How does ECP85 cope with possible effects conflicts with TactEvents?  Will players suffer double bleeding damage/effects and both TactEvents stun effects and ECP85 multiple ordance suppression?

ECP cope with Tactevents quite well, we dont have bleeding blackouts only ordnance stunning. Bleeding damage may be switched off by the end user in game (SP) in game (MP) by the server (playable), or may be disabled in ecp_settings.sqf on a dedicated server.

I play with the Marpat marines often. I dont get any issues at all, hehe maybe I bleed out a lil quicker.  :P
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

TgNd

« Reply #73 on: 04 Oct 2005, 09:23:13 »
First let me say: ECP is great! It makes the game what we all know, completely different! Im playing hours with different aspects of ECP, its so amazing!

However I got some problems with 3rd party addons, mainly tanks which happens sometimes in normal BIS made tanks too. When I shoot a shell with it explodes but it leaves a little dust puff and a bullet hole on the ground, not the explosion crater. Even if a shoot close a soldier with shell, he can survive in this way! Im suspecting the config.cpp explosions section, however I cannot figure out myself how can I fix this.

Thx, any help appriciated!

TgNd

« Reply #74 on: 06 Oct 2005, 11:42:07 »
Never mind, found it and made it suitable for my needs! Thx anyway!

Once again: great job ecp team!