Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP Mod  (Read 9376 times)

Commando

Re:ECP Mod
« Reply #45 on: 05 Jul 2005, 12:14:25 »
you guys are funny!  :D
i think the pull up sound is ok but it doesn't hurt with a little change  ;)
how many days left until release anyways? you guys locked the official ofp forum thread there and so it have to mean not long time left right?  :cheers:
can't wait for the new verson and all, thats one of the few things that im still waiting on this summer to give it a extra nice feeling  ;D

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #46 on: 08 Jul 2005, 15:39:55 »
No worries, it has been changed in the new version.
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline exec

• Members
    • Exec's OFP Missions Depot
« Reply #47 on: 25 Jul 2005, 00:09:04 »
Many thanks for the great ECP, truly amazing.  I just have one question for you regarding Sky/NVgoggles.  Im already using a modification called hisky that was originally created by Kegetys - changes to realistic skies and clearer night vision goggles.  Ive tried loading both mods but hisky doesnt seem to run when ECP is loaded.  Is there a way to make it work?  

Offline Captain

• Members
« Reply #48 on: 25 Jul 2005, 14:52:19 »
Many thanks for the great ECP, truly amazing.  I just have one question for you regarding Sky/NVgoggles.  Im already using a modification called hisky that was originally created by Kegetys - changes to realistic skies and clearer night vision goggles.  Ive tried loading both mods but hisky doesnt seem to run when ECP is loaded.  Is there a way to make it work?  

I'm using ECP and Llaumax v2 together with no problems. Simply move the contents of your HISKY\DTA folder to your ECP\DTA folder and it should run fine. I suggest you upgrade from hisky to llaumax2, it adds new sky/stars/moon/NVG model/etc. In ECP v1.085 the NVG optics can be chosen from one of 7 (I think it's seven anyway).

Cap.

Commando

« Reply #49 on: 26 Jul 2005, 01:41:07 »
posted in official forums too but i wanna post here to, lvoe you guys on the ecp mod!
great work and all, this makes all my missions look sound and play good and sometimes even annoyingly hard  ;D

« Reply #50 on: 26 Jul 2005, 06:26:33 »
ECP 1.085

Does not seem to recognize any of the default islands except for Nogova.
I get all the island effects (church, lighthouse, etc) with Nogova but none with the others (ie Everon, Malden, etc).

Is this a bug or is something wrong with my new ECP install.  I am running no other addons or mods while testing ECP.

Also I get a strange error when I use SUCH marine (ECP version) on a defualt island and try to go to ECP settings while in mission (in editor).  

any info will help.  
Would like to add that ECP makes OFP a brand new game. Love it.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul 2005, 11:02:10 by 777 »

Offline exec

• Members
« Reply #51 on: 26 Jul 2005, 16:51:51 »
thanks Captain

Offline exec

• Members
« Reply #52 on: 27 Jul 2005, 01:45:46 »
Hi again...another question: the random weather is always on, even after disabling it through the game menu and/or through the ECP_Settings:

Code: [Select]
// Random Weather and Snow
// =======================

// ECP_random_weather_enable:
   // true / false, default is true
   // defined by server in MP
   //ECP_public set [0, false ];

// ECP_random_weather_report
   // display a weather report when weather has changed?
   //ECP_local set [0, false ];

Is anything wrong here or is it a bug? almost all the original BIS missions (single player) gets to be a blind fight in the mud...way too much rain and fog, and I know they werent that way before...

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #53 on: 27 Jul 2005, 09:37:04 »
exec,
you must uncomment your changes for them to take effect,

Topic Summary  
Posted by: exec  Posted on: Today at 01:45:46am  
Hi again...another question: the random weather is always on, even after disabling it through the game menu and/or through the ECP_Settings:

Code:
// Random Weather and Snow
// =======================

// ECP_random_weather_enable:
  // true / false, default is true
  // defined by server in MP
   ECP_public set [0, false ];

// ECP_random_weather_report
  // display a weather report when weather has changed?
   ECP_local set [0, false ];

please place a default BIS unit on Everon in the mission editor, hit preview, open ECP settings in game GUI, and tell me what island it says at the bottom of the gui?

Also 777, make sure you are not using modded/updated BIS islands such as WGL everon or WGL malden.

Please report your results.

PS, all Bug reports should not be made in this thread, they should be in the ECP Bugs thread.
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline Grizzlie

• Members
« Reply #54 on: 27 Jul 2005, 12:47:19 »
Outstanding work as usual :)
I have only one question - have you been thinking about polish version too?

« Reply #55 on: 27 Jul 2005, 19:35:41 »
Thanks Zayfod,

You hit the nail on the head.  Some where along the way my "Worlds" folder was modded (dont know when or where). So all I did was reinstall OFPR and everything is working fine. NOTE: before the reinstall the island came up as "unknown" in the ECP editor.
I still get the error message (Script scalar bool array string 0xfcffffefsettings_dialog\ECP_DigSettings.sqs not found) with a non default unit (SUCH Marine ECP version) when accessing the ECP editor but it does go away when I place a default unit on the map or an empty chopper (east or west).

I didnt think this was a bug on the ECP part because not working with the default islands was just to big an issue, and I know it would not have been released with that problem, that is why I posted here as well as "ECP bugs thread".  Sorry for the mis post, I just didnt know exactly where to go.

Thanks for eveything, 777
PS: I am NOT a llama!! Am I?
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2005, 19:37:50 by 777 »

Offline exec

• Members
« Reply #56 on: 28 Jul 2005, 20:15:47 »
Thanks Zayfod, I changed that and also edited the 'ECP_Island_Settings.sqf' and took out the possibility of heavy rain on the islands:

_island_heavy_rain = false;

This seemed to solve the problem of typhoons and thunderstorms that were hitting the main islands.  Thanks again, great work.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #57 on: 28 Jul 2005, 21:22:18 »
Speaking of the 'ECP_Island_Settings.sqf'.........

I think the definition for Winter Nogojev is wrong.

This part:
// =========================
// = Winter Nogovej        =
// =========================

_island_name = "Winter Nogovej";

Can you see it?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #58 on: 28 Jul 2005, 22:42:03 »
i have a question for anyone on the ECP team:

if i wanted to have a mission where the ai would surrender, use infoshare, etc. (all the ECP AI enhancements), is there any way i could make it a requirement?  for example, could i remove the necessary scripts from ECP and put them in my mission, or require some addon in the mission.sqm that included those scripts?

thanks!

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #59 on: 29 Jul 2005, 15:18:08 »
You can edit the mission.sqm manually. All you need to do is add ECP_Effects to the required addons array.

So it would look something like this:
addOns[]=
   {
      "ECP_Effects"
   };
Get those missions out there you morons!