Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ECP Mod  (Read 9375 times)

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
ECP Mod
« on: 11 Feb 2004, 06:51:37 »
Can we have an ECP mod Topic? ie, make this a sticky.

Is the ECP mod compatible with the FDF mod or will it give me some sh*t?
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

GrimMonkey

Re:ECP Mod
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2004, 07:25:27 »
Should work with everything, methinks.

Beware the GrimMonkey

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2004, 08:23:23 »
I believe there is an ECP thread in one of the addons boards. I don't think this really belongs in editing/scripting.....
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Ball Zack

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2004, 20:41:22 »
I figured out something new that could be added to the next generation ECP core.

You must realize that with all of the addons with custom scripts out there, you are bound to have conflicts between new addons and ECP.  For example, I downloaded the latest version of Vit's APC pack, and I am finding that there are all kinds of conflicts with the ARENA area defense script for the BMD-3 and the ECP scipts.  An ugly error message pops up on top of the screen that won't go away.

If it is possible, you should include some type of script that will deal with these errors and prevent them from being displayed.  That way we won't be distracted by them while we are trying to do a mission.

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2004, 03:24:55 »
Is the ECP mod compatible with the FDF mod or will it give me some sh*t?
It is not compatible with both the FDF and CSLA mods.

Ball Zack

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2004, 05:27:44 »
I am still having strange errors that boot me back to desktop when I try to load a saved game when using ECP.  Something about missing enviornmental variable data something or another.  I followed your advise by completely removing my old installation of ECP and installing the entire new ECP installation, but I am still having problems.  What is going on here?

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2004, 05:41:30 »
I am still having strange errors that boot me back to desktop when I try to load a saved game when using ECP.  Something about missing enviornmental variable data something or another.  I followed your advise by completely removing my old installation of ECP and installing the entire new ECP installation, but I am still having problems.  What is going on here?

This is an unfortunate bug in ofp. The problem is, when you have a whole bunch of scripts running, if you try to save the game, your save will be corrupted. I guess BIS never imagined that OFP would become so heavily scripted by its players. I don't really know the specifics of the bug, but that is the gist of it.

So, really the only thing you can do is turn off some of the ECP scripts. Some missions have more scripts running than others, so it is going to depend on what mission you are playing. Also, if you save a game while running ECP, make sure you're running ECP when you load it back up.

You can read a little more about the bug here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=cb5f814b5dd4e22e725088b6f6b73f0e;act=ST;f=3;t=36992;hl=save+and+bug

kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Ball Zack

« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2004, 06:36:59 »
I have a suggestion that could fix this.  You could add an option in the menu to temporarily shut down all of the ECP scripts while you are saving.  And then you could start all the scripts back up after you load from a save.

Also another suggestion....  You got to get rid of the geeky voice that says "Caution low altitude" when you fly too low.  I suggest replacing it with a woman's voice, since most aircraft have their warnings in a female voice (hence the term "bitchin betty" when refering to aircraft audio warning systems).  You could probably "borrow" this warning sound from a flight sim such as Novalogic's F-22 Lightning 3.  Also you could add an APU (Auxillary Power Unit) start up sound (like on the BAS Pavehawks) for all of the aircraft.  And possibly a motor start up sound for vehicles.

Ball Zack

« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2004, 04:18:30 »
Yet another suggest for ECP (I'm sure your tired of hearing these.......).  I like the fact that the pilot can manually deploy their chute after ejecting from an aircraft.  Now I'm sure you've all seen these new modern style steerable parachutes.  It would be cool if ECP would incorporate their own "steerable parachute" for pilots and spec ops.

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #9 on: 21 Mar 2004, 06:35:50 »
I figured out something new that could be added to the next generation ECP core.

You must realize that with all of the addons with custom scripts out there, you are bound to have conflicts between new addons and ECP.  For example, I downloaded the latest version of Vit's APC pack, and I am finding that there are all kinds of conflicts with the ARENA area defense script for the BMD-3 and the ECP scipts.  An ugly error message pops up on top of the screen that won't go away.
Ball, I am happy to inform you that I encountered the same bug yesterday, then hunted it down and promptly stomped on it. ;D  DKM has issued an updated version of the DKMM_RSC.pbo that has that particular error fixed. Check the DKM site for the updated version (version 1.35). You'll find it under Downloads and then under "Tools/Scripts (RSC)".

Replace any old version(s) of the DKMM_RSC.pbo with that one and you should be all fine again.

In other words: the DKMM_RSC.pbo that comes with the 1.3 version of VIT's APC pack has to be replaced with the new one mentioned above.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2004, 06:37:16 by Killswitch »

Ball Zack

« Reply #10 on: 13 Apr 2004, 05:36:50 »
Yes thanks for helping me solve the RSC problem.  I also found that the RCS.....pbo file has to be in your res/addons folder.  The vehicle addons can be in a mod folder, but the RCS file must remain in the res/addons directory.

I have a new suggestion for future upgrades in ECP.... Recently I downloaded the latest version of the War Gamers pack, (WGL pack), and I found that they made a new clearer night vision with a much wider field of view.  I can't tell you what an improvement this is.  I can actually see things at night!  the field of view is way bigger, and all the 1980's era NVG static is gone.  The best part is that a similar "improved" night vision could be added to the ECP core.  All they did was add a new data3d.pbo and data.pbo in the mod's dta folder, and a new bin/config file.  If you guys reverse engineer the WGL pack, or simply ask them how they did it, I'm sure you could easily include updated NVG goggles with your next ECP pack.

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #11 on: 13 Apr 2004, 05:42:22 »
Improved NVGs are DEFINATELY going to be part of the next ECP.

Actually, there are TONS of changes and improvements in store from us. I just wet myself thinking about it all  ;D  :o

Ball Zack

« Reply #12 on: 13 Apr 2004, 15:18:23 »
YYYAAAHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

fragsta

« Reply #13 on: 23 Apr 2004, 23:53:59 »
I don't know whether that is a good thing or not! ;D

Ball Zack

« Reply #14 on: 02 May 2004, 01:26:29 »
Please fix the crash to desktop when loading from a saved game bug.  It's driving me crazy!!!!  I can't even play OFP anymore because I have been spoiled by the ECP mod, and now I can't go back to regular OFP.  PPPLLEEAASSEEE tell me that the next ECP will fix all the crash to desktop problems.  If so, I can't wait till it's released.