Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "xxx.ogg" not found ?!  (Read 651 times)

DaOarge

"xxx.ogg" not found ?!
« on: 07 Feb 2004, 15:03:28 »
heya all,

i just spent 5 hours trying to add a music to my mission - read all the tutorials and downloaded "Navy_Seals" Tut Mission.

Tried to play my file in his Tut Mission - works.
Tried to play his file in my Mission - works not.

Figured out that my File works fine on all islands BUT Nogova (i have GOTY Edition) - is this a known issue or is there still something wrong ? i mean it works on all islands but the one i need it to :/

deaddog

Re:"xxx.ogg" not found ?!
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2004, 15:15:04 »
The island has nothing to do with music/sound.

Did you make sure you put the ogg file in the music folder?  Do you have a music folder?

Is your description.ext file correct and in the right mission folder?

If you added/changed the desc.ext file while you had your mission called up in the editor, did you reload your mission?  Changes to desc.ext do not take effect until you reload the mission.

As you can see, there are all kinds of things that can go wrong with sound files :)

DaOarge

« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2004, 20:46:11 »
thx for your answer - but as said i tried to replace my Music File with the one included in "Navy_seals" Tutorial Mission and it worked great.

i tried to add the music on other missions on different islands (Everon, Maldon) and it worked perfect - so i guess i got it down - but it just wont work on Nogova, my first thought was that they changed the command with the expansions.

The Sound file wont even show up in the Trigger Pulldown on Nogova so i tried to play it with - PlayMusic "xxx.ogg"; - that causing the "xxx not found" Error.

kinda confusing and frustrating

DaOarge

« Reply #3 on: 07 Feb 2004, 23:57:36 »
Works now.

Thx

Mooseman

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2004, 16:00:09 »
So, how did you fix it?