Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: .ogg pissing me .off  (Read 718 times)

Dubieman

.ogg pissing me .off
« on: 07 Feb 2004, 01:10:46 »
Alright I got my great little mission but am looking for the newer music, Linkin Park, and I have the file converted to .ogg and now things get sketchy. I have tried a number of things like creating a folder named sound and putting that with the .ogg file in the mission folder and just leaving the .ogg file in there.... ???  
I've tried running it like a script but I know that doesn't work cause it is a .ext kind of file. Just need some direction.  :P

One small thing is I converted the music off the CD to .ogg right  then can the new music appear in the editor if a .ext file has the track? Hope I didn't confuse you too much.... ::)

Offline Jackal326

• Former Staff
  • SJB Addons
    • SJB Addons
Re:.ogg pissing me .off
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2004, 01:28:32 »
Put the following in a file called description.ext, and place it in your mission directory (the same folder as mission.sqm).

Code: [Select]
class CfgMusic
{
   tracks[] = {DayByDay_Serafin};

class DayByDay
   {
      name = "Day by Day - Serafin";
      sound[] = {\music\DayByDay_Serafin.ogg, db + 5, 1.0};
   };
};

Change the class, name and path to suit your needs.

Then, load your mission, and look for the name in the Music tab of a trigger. If you can't see it, or it doesn't play ingame, it is a problem with the bit-rate/frequeency of the file.

Sorry if that covered what you already have done, but when it comes to OFP sometimes sarting from scratch is the best course of action as it is very easy to over look the odd ; or " here and there.
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2004, 01:31:48 by Jackal326 »
"...if someone did that to me, I'd smash their head in, I'd stab them, shoot 'em and push 'em off a roof!" - Dutch Wagenbach

Dubieman

Re:.ogg pissing me .off
« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2004, 18:33:05 »
I don't think this should have errors as chris's script editor made this....class CfgMusic

Code: [Select]
{
   // List of music tracks (.ogg files without the .ogg extension)
   tracks[] = {Linkin Park - Track03};

// Class definition needed for each music track
   class Linkin Park - Track03
   {
      // Name to display in mission editor
      name = "Linkin Park - Track03";
      // Music path, volume, pitch
      sound[] = {\music\Linkin Park - Track03.ogg, db + 0, 1.0};
   };
};