Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFP  (Read 1666 times)

jbluvchild

OFP
« on: 24 Jan 2004, 03:29:34 »
are people sill making addons for cold war or is it now mainly resistance cause i have them both but i prefer cold war for some reason

Homefry31464

Re:OFP
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2004, 03:37:20 »
Crazy, crazy man.   ;)  I think the new addons will all require Resistance.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2004, 05:55:24 »
Yes I think people concentrate on the high res nogovo now. But it is nice to revisit Malden with colonel blake's little base island, Everon with its resistance guys and their castle, Kolgujev with Guba's manor/ pimp house, and finally desert island in all its emptiness. :'( :'( :'(

jbluvchild

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2004, 19:43:56 »
i really dont see the purpose for the addon my self seems like a mony scam why couldnt they have given us the island and the ability to carry side arms in the first one?

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2004, 20:16:34 »
i really dont see the purpose for the addon my self seems like a mony scam why couldnt they have given us the island and the ability to carry side arms in the first one?
Because it's simple business. If they'd spent more time on CWC, then they'd have charged more for it. Islands of Nogova quality take a lot of time and effort to make.

Dubieman

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jan 2004, 21:21:42 »
Also they (BIS and Codemasters) would have to make five high resolution islands.
 :o

Think about this when you started with CWC though, it was great fun and the best of times..... ;D

Then resistance came out, and ohhhh boy a new island with better buildings, roads, plants , a bridge, apartment buildings ohh so cool. 8)

You would at first say holy sh!t I need that right now!
Hand guns and more civvis order me one.

That's what I did.... :)
Of course I had to wait cause my parents wouldn't get and I was short of money. Picked it up later for 9 bucks. ;D

Offline MattyDienhoff

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2004, 02:18:58 »
Yes I think people concentrate on the high res nogovo now. But it is nice to revisit Malden with colonel blake's little base island, Everon with its resistance guys and their castle, Kolgujev with Guba's manor/ pimp house, and finally desert island in all its emptiness. :'( :'( :'(

Oh, Come On!!! :o I don't know about everyone, but i still do lots on everon and malden! >:( Not so much kolgujev, but you make it sound like when someone gets resistance that everything else is obsolete! I DON'T think so ::)

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 25 Jan 2004, 03:10:56 »
Yeah I do use Everon, and Malden and Kolgujev, just sometimes after having the game for a year, you use these islands less and less because you've explored every town and cool spot. Just for me, I use Nogovo about 60% of the time and CWC islands 40% of the time. Considering I don't play every day this is not much. :(

Sorry if I offended you. :-\
Just a joke really. :P

Homefry31464

« Reply #8 on: 25 Jan 2004, 03:11:47 »
Well, people have made high-res versions of the older islands, so they use Resistance textures.

Offline MattyDienhoff

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 25 Jan 2004, 04:47:31 »
I use alot of islands. I have about 20 including the addon ones. 8) I just like variety. Don't worry about it Dubieman, its not prob! ;D

jbluvchild

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jan 2004, 05:05:13 »
ok so hwo bout this whats the gold edition? what does it do? and is the highest version for CWC 1.46?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jan 2004, 12:46:33 »
Gold edition = OFP CWC + Red Hammer(just a new campaign). My suggestion is you buy either GOTY or resistance.

1.46 is highest version of CWC.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

jbluvchild

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jan 2004, 14:38:45 »
i have resistance just doesnt run as good as CWC . i need to get more ram and better graphic card so thats why im sticking with CWC for now

bigdog632

« Reply #13 on: 27 Jan 2004, 21:49:08 »
more RAM probably but you dont necessarily NEED a new video card resistance will work with older ones

and in defense of desert island some of the best DM i played were on that island

Dubieman

« Reply #14 on: 27 Jan 2004, 23:12:17 »
Desert Island I think should have had more dunes.
Yes i've played some fun mp missions there yet it's sometimes hrd for me to stay on track while building stuff there, maybe I get lost in all it emptiness.... or maybe I need a shrink.. :D :o :P :'( :-\ ???