Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: No!!! Follow The waypoiny exactly Dammit  (Read 413 times)

cpt.Hawkeyez

No!!! Follow The waypoiny exactly Dammit
« on: 07 Jan 2004, 02:01:33 »
In this missions I have the AI drives you from one area to another and part of it goes through town now the thing is that when he gets into town instead of gong straight through he drives halfway through stops turns around and runs into the stop sign trying to go all the way around how do I compensate for this besides having to put a million waypoints an inch away from each other to make him go straight?
/CymPatheeY

FLBEE

Re:No!!! Follow The waypoiny exactly Dammit
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2004, 05:01:37 »
I'm not 100% sure, but I think:

If you set the behaviour in the waypoint to safe or carless or if you put --this setbehaviour "CARELESS" -- in the unit's init field , he will follow the roads,even go out of his way to stay on a road. So you would only need extra waypoints at hard left or right turns.

If you set the waypoint behaviour to combat he should drive from point A to point B straight line style, roads or not. --this setbehaviour "COMBAT"--

Or maybe there is somthing in the town the AI sees as a obsticle, even if its not.

I might be way off. I am after all, a editing noob  :)

sabreblade

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2004, 15:13:06 »
i have had similar problems. the way i got around it i think was by using the   domove comamnd :-\

the problem with putting the driver on safe or carreless is that he seems to go slower like that...actually i dont know but i think so :-[

SB

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2004, 03:43:37 »
Whatever you do, don't put lots of waypoints in the town.  That won't solve the problem.   Quite the opposite in fact, use as few waypoints as possible.  You don't even need them at every corner.

Try adjusting the position of the waypoints you do have slightly.   Also the starting position of the vehicle.   Make sure you have no furniture (other vehicles, tents, etc.) close to the road anywhere along the route.

Safe or Careless is right.

And increase the driver's skill.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play