Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to make unit appear on the roof or a different floor on a building ?  (Read 808 times)

Salminen

I know this has answer in FAQ but somehow the FAQ isn't working for me right now, so could you help me out here ?

GrimMonkey

There are two ways for the roof and one for a different floor.
The easiest for the roof is to just select 'Flying' under Special.

Or you could use:
Code: [Select]
This SetPos [GetPos This Select 0, GetPos This Select 1, x]for both roof and floors.
x=height (have to experiment to find the height you need).

Beware the GrimMonkey

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
never mind...

Im too slow today  ;)

However, does the Flying actually do anything to land vehcicles 'cause I have never seen any different behaviour when using it?

If you set a dude with Special:none, in formation or flying and place him over a apartment building he will be on the roof if not positioned too close to the edge regardless of the Special settings...
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2004, 23:19:13 by HateR_Kint »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline SilentHunter

• Members
  • frozen leg'o'lamb (every gamers most loved weapon)
When you place a unit down, with no special or cmd line - then OFP automaticly puts them on the highest walkable surface.

Setting the special to 'flying' has no effect on land units whatsoever - (as far as i know)

SILENTHUNTER
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2004, 00:05:27 by SilentHunter »
[size=4.5]NERDS HAVE FEELINGS TOO! [/size] [size=2.5]*adjusts glasses*[/size]

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
If you attach a waypoint to an enterable building, you get new options in the waypoint allowing you to specify which position in the building the loon will occupy.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Dubieman

A word of warning though, unoccupieable buildings will have units placed inside of them, and not on the roof.
This really screws with the player controlled unit since you cannot move and the graphics are just weird. :-\

AI won't have a problem, they mysteriously can walk through walls, so they won't get stuck like you. ::)

That script Grim Monkey put up works great for anything except tanks.

Last thing I gotta say is that the building postion option in waypoints works well at times and screws up too. An AI may be facing a wall instead of a window, or might not even go into the building at all.

Okay I'm done now. :cheers:

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
If you attach a waypoint to an enterable building, you get new options in the waypoint allowing you to specify which position in the building the loon will occupy.
:o

I never knew that....
Well, every day we learn something new  :)
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.