Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Telepresent Rapid Aiming Platform" AKA, robot sniper  (Read 967 times)

DBR_ONIX

Could some one maybe make something like this :
Basicly its a robot sniper.
A rifle, with a camera on the scope, and a control thing you can point the gun, and fire it.. But be about 10m from the gun, or have it on top of a hill, and be down from it, out of the fire..
You could also put it round corners (There is a version with a machine gun/assault rifle), and your out of harms way..
I will scan the picture in later..
But is it possible?
What it looks like is a sniper with a low tripob, and a longer scope with a wire coming from it, to a box on the bipod, and anohter cable to the operatior..

Other thing it could do it mount on the turret of a humvee, and the operators is in the slightly more safe inside..

Why use it, other than saftey? It is perfectly steady, doesn't get tired, and doen't need lots of training to use (Sniper training, I mean)

Is this possble..? It seems almost every thing else is in OFP is :P

Thank you
- Ben

OrangeLeader

Re:"Telepresent Rapid Aiming Platform" AKA, robot sniper
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2004, 21:45:59 »
You could use the method for the ground base TOW's where it is postioned on the ground and you can get in it to fire. Plus I used an addon once that was a hovering UAV. You used the the action comand to "get in" it. Then you controlled it by moving sliders on the the controled alttitude and direction. If you combind these two you got you addon.

Here in the demo I played that had the UAV in it. The addon is in the download for the Demo. Dragon Warrior UAV by Vladimir
http://projectgrozny.moonfruit.com/

DBR_ONIX

Re:"Telepresent Rapid Aiming Platform" AKA, robot sniper
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2004, 23:40:24 »
Heres the pictures attached..
I will try what you suggested, OrangeLeader.. But I'm not sure I would be able to make it myself.. I'm not that brilliant at addon making (Okay at the models, but other stuff, mainly configs, and scripts..)
I will give it a go, though..
Cheers
- Ben
EDIT : I can't seem to upload the file (I've tried before, and no luck..?), so I've uploaded it to my hosting.. Here: www.dbrweb.co.uk/hosted/TRAP.zip (36KB)
« Last Edit: 10 Jan 2004, 23:40:57 by DBR_ONIX »