Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: battleship  (Read 1050 times)

the do right man

battleship
« on: 08 Jan 2004, 19:12:49 »
Hi all, I need a Battleship addon, has it ever been made?
If so where can I dl?

Need it for my Nam intro (Bay of Tonkin),

thanks,

blackhawkdown132

Re:battleship
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2004, 02:55:08 »
there is an assulat ship that is based off the PT boat with a tank coonnon instead of M-2s. You can find it at flashpoint.cz

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2004, 03:01:55 »
Is it that PBR with diff camo and more weaponry?
If it is i dont think you should use that. Maybe some airvraft carriers and a LST? :-\

blackhawkdown132

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2004, 03:45:51 »
yeah the BIS LSD had two 5 inchers on it, under the radio attena

PsyWarrior

« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2004, 09:30:19 »
Greets,

Unfortunately, it seems that the naval side of OFP has been neglected a little. Big multigun capital ships are possible in OFP, but people just don't have the inclination to make them.

There are a couple of options however:
-west-
BIS LST: Comes with the game. No actual weapons, and it can't move, but there are two 5" cannons on the sides (although they are static).
LSD: No weapons, unfortunately, but it's large and it can move...
Australian Freemantle class: medium sized ship, quite fast, and with a single HE cannon turret.
Col_Klink's Tiger Gunboats: Small, very fast, and armed with either M2s or massive great chain guns, that can take out a group of T80s... Nothing like a battleship though.

-east-
'Pauk' Class patrol vessel - The closest to a capital ship that there is in OFP: Approximately frigate sized, and with 9 different weapons, including torpedoes... but they're not torpedoes at all, just missiles (it was made before the CoC torpedoes).

Then there's the aircraft carriers. Unfortunately, I think that they are all static.

Have I missed anything important out?

-Supreme Commander PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions Studios

Tuulos

« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2004, 22:19:36 »
I would count one thing more: Russian hovercraft. Can be found on ofp.gamezone.cz It has two static missile launchers (not working) and two gun turrets (one works, one static) and it's huge.  :D

blackhawkdown132

« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2004, 22:52:54 »
people have made scud targeting scripts for the BIS model , so why not convert (remodel) said ships to have these weapons AND be able to launch them to shore targets?

blackhawkdown132

« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2004, 22:54:29 »
u missed the nimitz carrier, i beilve it has working phalax AAAs and sea sparrow SAMs on board

Ball Zack

« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2004, 23:05:44 »
All you have to do is make the ship in sections as static objects.  Then use scripts to attach all the sections together, and add the turrets.  You wouldn't be able to control the ships movement, but it wouldn't be realistic to be able to do this any way.  A script could be used to make the ship move in a straight line.  This would be great for launching Tomahawks from the COC Tomahawk pack...

PsyWarrior

« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2004, 23:25:44 »

Actually, zack, someone has done this, with a moving vehicle!

Download the Pauk soviet patrol vessel. It comes with nine turrets (including 'torpedo' launchers, missile launchers and 30mm turret). And it can move as well.

Unfortunatly, no-one else seems to have the inclination to do this...

-Psy|W

Jake Trans

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2004, 21:53:29 »
about the closest working captial ship I know of is a bit of a way off it's the falklands war mod they said they would put 40mm AA guns on it but thanks to PsyWarrior from the patrol ship I've got the hovercraft good but it BIG

PsyWarrior looks like you DO know what I want