Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Better ways to end?  (Read 393 times)

ocnick

Better ways to end?
« on: 13 Jun 2004, 20:01:30 »
Ok, I've had my wrist slapped for using the infamous "not present" trigger to end a mission.  But I didn't get any suggestions for a correct way to do this.  If you could help me out, that'd be great.  Also if anyone could give me a quick syntax reference for countside that'd be way cool.  If these are too bothersome maybe you could give me a link to where this is explained.   ;)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Better ways to end?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2004, 20:35:29 »
Glad to help.

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?category=1_5&start=25

Look for and get the 'Official Command Reference' by BIS.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2004, 21:10:31 »
I prefer the online version of the comref.

Not sure exactly what you got your wrist slapped for ... but if it's "clear the base" and it's a nightmare to end the mission because you have to find that last remaining enemy soldier hiding under a bush outside the base, there are several things you can do.

For example, create a trigger larger than your ending trigger.   West (or whoever is the enemy) present.

Condition:   count thislist <= 3
On Activation:   "_x allowFleeing 1" forEach thislist

When you get down to the last 3 enemy, they will all run away which makes the easier to shoot.    And if even if you don't shoot them, they will keep running till they are out of the area.

A variation:

On activation:   "_x allowFleeing 0" forEach thislist; "_x doMove getPos player" forEach thislist

You can make up pretty much anything you like.    Use several "layers", so something happens when you get down to 8 remaining enemy and then something else happens when you get down to 4.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

ocnick

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2004, 22:16:44 »
Hey macguba! Thanks a million.  I just meant my wrist being slapped as a figure of speech, ya know like being told to do something never again, haha.  I'm gonna play around with it some and see what I can make.

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2004, 02:00:58 »
I'm sure the OFPEC staff member came to your house and slapped you silly. :D

Anyways if your job is to clear the base, hell that's your job as long as the base doesn't take up like half a grid square. What Mac said is good or sometimes I broke up my areas into like clear the western part of the city then the eastern part. Those were in missions I was toying with though. It depends how you implement it. I don't want to wander the island in search of one AI....

If your job is to clear the base for the CO to make camp their, I'm sure he's gonna like it when the enemy soldier comes blasting out off the tent.