Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Kalighat Island  (Read 557 times)

Kaliyuga

Kalighat Island
« on: 25 Dec 2003, 23:22:52 »
This island was  created over the last year for use in the Everon Cartel Campaign along with the island of Skye.  

All 16,000+ objects were placed individually without the aid of any program besides wrpedit. The trees comprising the bulk of the forests were randomly resized with wrpbuddy.

I absolutely hate the BIS block forests that appear on most islands and
so I made every effort to make as minimal use as possible of them.. as a
consequence of this as well as the small size of the island relative to the
large amount of objects there may be some lag when flying over this island in a helicopter or plane.

The island has been beta tested by several people with differing computer systems in an effort to make this island as playable as possible, and we are satisfied with the result.. if you're not.. we don't want to hear complaints about lag issues.. period.

There are several ways you can decrease detail to reduce lag on lower end systems if you aren't familiar we would be more than happy to help you out..

There are lots of little areas and a couple small seperate islands as well,
and a few areas that are well suited to MP games also .. and since there is sooo much room I'd love to hear ideas of seperate small islands that can be made that are more MP specific instead of realistic terrain neccesarily...

there will be at least one more version.. a campaign version that will feature alot more ;) but since it is soo close.. and I worked on it for soooo long I wanted to put it out there with the Submarine at the same time.

it's available in the downloads section of our website:

www.everoncartel.com/news.htm

:cheers:

Homefry31464

Re:Kalighat Island
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2003, 00:18:16 »
Wonderful job.  I love running through the forest with tanks (for some odd, unknown reason).

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2003, 05:11:55 »
Excellent job Kaliyuga, looking forward to leading that biker gang around that island. I agree the individual trees are a pleasant change from the barbaric looking forests. Took a nice aerial flight around and was very impressed. Well done.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

deaddog

« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2003, 16:30:58 »
Very nice!!  The small size of the main island is a plus, in my opinion.  The detail is nice (love those bullet holes in the signs by the chem plant).

This can be the home of some great MP missions (and I'm not even talking about the two little islands  :))

The only problem I see is the overlap on the dirt roads.  But roads are a bitch anyway.

I agree with the tree placement.  It has the same realistic feel as the *GAIA* Island.