Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to make resistance go east?  (Read 420 times)

DC10_starvinmarvin

How to make resistance go east?
« on: 25 Dec 2003, 22:41:17 »
I am using 2 different soldier types that are both on res side.
i want one of them to be west or east as an enemy. is there any easy way to solve this?

at the moment i am grouping the "evil" res soldiers with an east soldier and makes him die at the start of the mission so they become my enemies. but i am using lots of soldiers in this mission and there is alot of dead russians all over that doesnt really fit in ;)

Greetz// Marvin

gundernak

Re:How to make resistance go east?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2003, 22:54:26 »
in the editor you can set to whom friendly the resistance is. It is at you can set the weather and so on...

DC10_starvinmarvin

« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2003, 23:03:14 »
yes i know but the two sides in this mission are both from resistance side. like 2 res soldiers in war with each other.. they should attack eachother
im not using west or east only res for both sides but they should be enemies

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2003, 23:14:47 »
 1 of 2 fixes for this problem...

1) Make an East officer (high rank just to be sure)...  and type this in his init line:

deletevehicle this

now... take the Resistance guys you want to be on the East side now and group them (F2) to the East officer...

when the mission starts they'll be under the command of the East dood.. which automatically makes em think they're on the East side..
but then instantly the East dude dies (gets deleted) and then the next highest dood takes command of that group...

and you get Resistance guys that think they're East

(apparently this doesnt work in the early morning hours for some odd reason..   say 0100 - 0400 or something like that)

2) open the mission.sqm and manually change each soldier...

you can find a line that says "GEUR"   (I think thats what it is for resistance) and you can change it to "EAST"

:cheers:

DC10_starvinmarvin

« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2003, 01:06:09 »
hey thanks alot man! this was really helpful!
Greetz // Marvin