Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is anyone still using "Castle Ares" and do you remember prefabs?  (Read 1186 times)

nik

Hi, maybe you remember me: I made several prefabs in the good old times without the (wonderful ) Oxygen tool: Like Castle Everon, the maya Temple and other prefabs.
I made also an island "Arkos" (you find several of this prefabs at http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?sekce=editorextra&archiv=true&page=2 and the island is also on that site ).

IÂ've made also "Castle Ares", a castle made with Oxygen.
It was not perfect, because of the limitations of this tool (some parts are not fireproof because of the limitation of 128 components, but I did my best to make it as fireproof as possible).
I worked several months on it 10 months ago and now IÂ'm very interresting to hear if anyone still uses it.

If you donÂ't know this "Castle Ares" : You can download it at: http://www.opflashpoint.org/downloads/addons/454-CastleAres2.zip

Here are some screenshots of it:

Here is a prefabs I made, maybe you remember it: Castle Everon

Or my Maya Temple:

greetings:

An old Ofp-vet, who went to other games in the meantime, like to Medieval Total war, where I made 76 landscapes of Greece and Asia Minor for an ancient mod.
Maybe you know me there as "Antalis" (at totalwar.org).

I was very active in this forum a time ago, its good to see that here is still life in it.
Its a pitty that the setpos part of the forum is gone, because to make prefabs was a very interresting work.
You had to remember and combinine objects, uses the right commands and scripts, yeah, I miss that time, but its gone.
Now oxygen is rulling and its a bit sad because of its limitation of 64m you canÂ't build every object, building you want to.
I wanted to make a huge castle, but canÂ't because of this, but anyway, I loved to make the Castle Ares.

nik  :)

btw: If you also have some nice pictures of prefabs, then please post them here  ;)
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2003, 23:02:32 by nik »

Vyper

NiK.....good to have you back man, i remember your work from days gone by...long time no see!

Vyper

nik

NiK.....good to have you back man, i remember your work from days gone by...long time no see!

Vyper

Thank you for this warm wilcome ;D

I loved this forum and was very active here for a very long time, but I needed something new to do or to be interrested in, so I decided to make things for Medieval Tw after visiting the sites of it long time.

You know prefabs was my joy, but times pass by and oxyghen came, and my work wasnÂ't needed anymore.
So I decided to make also things with oxyghen, made a castle and saw its limitations for buildings, so I went to other games, and made landscapes for HTW (Hellenic Total War), a mod for Medieval Tw and other things.

I always wanted to make huge buildings, like the Metal Tower, The Lighthouse of Pharos, Castle Argos, Castle Unicorn and so on.
They were all really huge.
But with oxyghen it is not possible to make such huge objects without making it like a prefabs with some components.
Maybe I had to make it like that, but anyway,
I hope that this limitations are gone in Ofp 2
and maybe IÂ'll make then new things.

IÂ'm glad to see that this forum is still alive   :)

greetings: nik   :)
« Last Edit: 02 Dec 2003, 11:25:15 by nik »

nik

Should I post more images of prefabs for all of you who didnÂ't know what a prefabs is?  ;D
« Last Edit: 04 Dec 2003, 10:01:36 by nik »

Homefry31464

I doubt many people use prefabs anymore.  Almost everything new is one model, made in oxygen.  I don't think I can even remember prefabs, I bought OFP Gold Edition maybe three months before Resistance came out.  Do you still have those prefabs saved somewhere?

nik

Yes I have  ;D

Problem is that its not really compatible with Resistance, so you could use them only with the old versions.
Sorry the new patches messed them up.

btw: Did youÂ've tried the oxygen made "Castle Ares"?
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2003, 11:03:44 by nik »

Homefry31464

No, I haven't had the time to try it.  Not much time for OFP these days.