Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New way to play OFP  (Read 1106 times)

Skorp1on

New way to play OFP
« on: 03 Dec 2003, 21:16:15 »
The other day I was talking to a friend about on-line games and he mentioned a game called freelancer (space game/strategy/action). When playing this game on-line, you can either play the traditional way, join a game that lasts about 20mins and then leave, or you can play on a 24/7 game. For OFP, this would be like an on going war, maybe lasting several real time days. It would be nice to see them properly organised too, arranged times, a theme or recreation. This would fit in nicely with the multiple islands idea too, although lag may be a problem.

What do you think of this idea? I'm not sure if it has been done already, if it has then please spare me from humiliating myself further! :D

Skorp1on

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:New way to play OFP
« Reply #1 on: 03 Dec 2003, 21:32:28 »
Nice thought. :)
Unfortunately, the biggest hiccup would be that in OFP you can't join a game in progress.

You would have to play it out as a series of missions, in the form of a dynamic MP campaign. Many OFP sites are set up for this sort of scenario if you look around. The EuroFlashpoint League would be one(?) that springs to mind.

But even more a hiccup is that this isn't editing related. ;)
Sorry mate, it'll have to be locked.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"