Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Dynamic waypoints  (Read 1921 times)

Hartza

Dynamic waypoints
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 09:30:10 »
Is it posstible to define AI waypoint which are different according to game action ...  ??? ( that was simpple ...)

What I mean is that AI soldiers have alternative waypoints depending on what is happening in multiplayer game where AI:s are on the other side and plyers on the other.

Example:
In Nogujev there is a bridge.  I have an convoy ( tanks and Urals with men ) crossing the bridge. Their main goal (waypoints) is to cross that bridge, BUT if 3 leading BDRM:s are destroyed to the bridge, men in side URALs should change theis plan and go to the river (bay?) bank and use their Zodiak speed boats to cross the river (bay?).

Now, how do I define these waypoints ?

Or can I do it at all ?

Same kind of bahaviour could be used on any mission ;D

tai mai shu

Re:Dynamic waypoints
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 11:15:01 »
erm, you can use the "waypoint" serWPPos position

example:
create 3 brdms, named brdm1, brdm2, brdm3, a ural, and a squad named soldier1, soldier2, etc.  give the moveincargo command to put them inside the ural.  
make a waypoint "move" on other side of bridge,

after that one a waypoint "move" with activation- nextwaypoint, place this waypoint on the river beach on other side of bridge,

then another waypoint "seek and destroy, place it in the city on other side of bridge

make a trigger with condition !(alive BRDM1) and !(alive BRDM2) and !(alive BRDM3)
activation; group1 leavevehicle (ural); groupleave = true

english- if the brdms die, then the group1 leaves the urals

next trigger:
condition- groupleave
activation- (name of move waypoint assgned to group, the one that makes em move across bridge) setWPPos getpos (zodiak)

changes the waypoint to the zodiak

next trigger
condition- [name of officer of group] distance (zodiac) <= 5
activation- [soldier1, soldier2, etc...] moveincargo (zodiac); soldier3 moveindriver (zodiac); nextwaypoint = true

ah im too tired to finish this, but i think you get the ide  ;D

Hartza

Re:Dynamic waypoints
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:11:15 »
hhhhmmmm....

sounds good ...

I'v got the idea.

Thanks tai mai shu !