Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Islands and Lag  (Read 3864 times)

Offline Ottie

• Members
  • And you think this is personal
Re:Islands and Lag
« Reply #15 on: 06 Feb 2004, 19:28:26 »
In't it possible to build city blocks just like the forest blocks are build now to reduce the lag
If you can't beat them, buy them

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #16 on: 07 Feb 2004, 02:57:05 »
Different kind of lag. Helps in reducing object count, but increases object complexity. As OFP doesn't implement the full horsepower of the video cards, both are CPU lag issues, just different parts of the code.

calm_terror

« Reply #17 on: 24 Feb 2004, 08:29:46 »
one problem with large permant forests and stuff is armor and vechicals cna not go through it... so same thing might happen with large city block things. along with no AI pathing.

my lag always happens on detailed maps when i put units in it.. wich sucks since i am stuck with like 2 squads and 1 armor Platoon. not much fun..
and i don't have a low end POS i have 1gb of ddr ram a nvidia gforce 4 ti 4800 with a 1.4GHz AMD..
soo yeah it is the islands most of the time not my computer..
i love detail but damn lag sucks..

Leone

« Reply #18 on: 24 Feb 2004, 12:58:58 »
one problem with large permant forests and stuff is armor and vechicals cna not go through it... so same thing might happen with large city block things. along with no AI pathing.

That all depends on how you set it up. It would be possible to make pathways for this.  :)

calm_terror

« Reply #19 on: 24 Feb 2004, 19:38:38 »
but then the AI is tracked to use those pathways making ambush and slaughter easier..
it all sucks when you come down to it..
you have to trade off prettiness for playablity..
something i wish those dev's at aa would understand..