Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: My first (working) script!  (Read 1435 times)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
My first (working) script!
« on: 01 Nov 2003, 22:50:42 »
here's an extract from the script describing what to do

;*Operation Flashpoint Script
;*Flashing Lights (runway direction simulator??) By KJAM (my First ever script BTW, its simple i know)
;*Thanks to Maverick_tha_hammer@hotmail.com
;*for helping me out with some of the syntax namely telling me not to use
;  _fire1on etc which i had done on my first attempt
; To give the player the option to switch the sequence on type in the units init line
; player addaction ["Turn them on","flashinglights.sqs"]
; or to have it start as soon as the map starts, place a game logic and type in
; this exec "flashinglights.sqs"

i know......it isnt too advanced but what the heck lol
its to simulate the way runways have the lights going on and off to show the right direction to land in
it uses the fire object so no addons needed but in my opinion it looks better with the "white glow" that came with the BAS Chinook (if i remember correctly)

not much just 5 lights, i could do more but this is only a test

what i need you guys to test this on is a map with more units on it and a lot more action, just to if it lags much or any

« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2003, 22:54:43 by KJAM »

Steel

Re:My first (working) script!
« Reply #1 on: 09 Nov 2003, 22:09:12 »
This script would be nice if used with those runway light addon(s) that are available in the OFP community.  Otherwise, its an easy to learn and easy to use script, that, if people wanted could make it run with more coding, or if you like, more repeated coding with differant names so that you could make it look like arrows lighting up.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Re:My first (working) script!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2003, 20:11:25 »
yeah that was my next idea, or to make them flash in different combinations etc, i didnt include any addons, so that people didnt have to download it just for a script as small as this.......this script was just done to see if it worked and how well it worked