Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Choppers Taking off In Sync  (Read 332 times)

Falcon988

Choppers Taking off In Sync
« on: 31 Oct 2003, 06:41:24 »
Okay, I have 4 helicopters that I want to take off at the radio signal. Right now only one of them is staying on the ground until the signal, an MH-6. The other MH-6 loads up its cargo and hovers in the air with the two AH-1's. I think I can solve the problem with the MH-6 as I believe it's an issue with the assignascargo command that's keeping them from staying on the ground like my other MH-6 (that's using the assignascargo command).

It's the two AH-1's I'm not so sure about. I have them at a HOLD waypoint until they receive the radio signal. But like the other MH-6 they immediately take off and hover in the air. I want my entire air armada, and this includes the four MH-60s I intend to add later on, to go at the same time. I think I can get the choppers w/ cargo to stay still, but what about those AH-1's?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Choppers Taking off In Sync
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2003, 13:49:06 »
Use setfuel to take away their petrol and give it back when you want them to take off.

If you want them to have rotors turning, try a land command in a waypoint and put a condition in the waypoint so that it's not completed until the condition (eg a variable) is true.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Iceholey

Re:Choppers Taking off In Sync
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2003, 13:52:26 »
There are potentially a few solutions to your problem, but without seeing the mission it's difficult to say which one is best for you. You may need to double check your radio trigger(s). If it is linked to a Hold Waypoint, you need to make sure that it's a 'Switch'

Personnally, for heli syncing, I prefer setting the helicopters on the ground with fuel at 0 and then, once the radio trigger is activated, using the following command to get them going:

unitname setfuel 1

Hope that's of some help to you.

Bah  ;) - beaten to it by Macguba!
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2003, 13:53:10 by Iceholey »