Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAYONET/MACHETTE  (Read 5262 times)

asmodeus

Re:BAYONET/MACHETTE
« Reply #30 on: 20 Nov 2003, 21:49:16 »
In RL, gore would give away your position, should a patrol come across the area where the killing took place.

"Gee, why is my boot all sticky?"

"You've got Johnsons brains all over them!"

:P

Asmo

m21man

« Reply #31 on: 20 Nov 2003, 23:05:15 »
The after effects of a large firefight in Tatu would be interesting...Rivers of red :P .

Torak

« Reply #32 on: 21 Nov 2003, 12:27:07 »
Whats the matter wid gore?
What u think that if u slit someones throat they'll get up and mop up the blood?
G   E   T         R   E   A   L
More blood
More gore
Better ofp
 ;D ;D ;D

Get realistic.

Less blood, less gore... ;D

Seriously, though, people don't bleed that much, and combat wounds don't generally look as serious as you seem to think. In the Soldier Of Fortune games, for instance, it's ridiculously exagerrated.

For real wounds, I suggest you read the AAOS Emergency Care And Transportation Manual (ISBN 0-89203-165-4).

Anyway, if you were on a covert op you'd try to minimise trail as much as possible - and a large pool of blood is a bit of a giveaway, plus it stains your clothes and makes it difficult to move. Trust me, it's bad enough crawling through undergrowth with water dribbling down inside your shirt, I don't even want to imagine it with someone else's blood...

Offline wired

• Members
  • Explosion Scripter for the [unsung] mod!!!
« Reply #33 on: 21 Nov 2003, 17:50:11 »
yer sure maybe your right, you dont bleed much when you get stabbed in the jugular vein with a twelve inch machette!
who said the machette would just be for special ops?

Cool for showing the slaughtering of poor civis and their dogs (the one by teacup)!
Er......looks like last nights dinner!

;D ;D ;D

We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!

Torak

« Reply #34 on: 22 Nov 2003, 12:56:55 »
You don't stab with a machete, it would glance off. You'd use a slashing motion, and would be quite likely to almost detach the head. And yes, that would bleed a lot if the body was lying downhill...

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #35 on: 22 Nov 2003, 15:11:23 »
BTW, as for head shots.. Best shot is at the ear lobe... Target goes down like water... (Severs some motor cord, or something..)

Can't remeber exactly...
- Ben

Yippyfn

« Reply #36 on: 22 Nov 2003, 15:32:56 »
Well I think it would be pretty cool to have a bayonet, especially when house clearing. And with WWII units.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #37 on: 22 Nov 2003, 18:24:02 »
Agreed.... Is some one gonna try?
I could maybe make the model... But not the other stuff (Scripts etc)
- Ben

SHOT@RUSIANS

« Reply #38 on: 22 Nov 2003, 21:54:48 »
if this works then maybe all mods in the future nay have the bayonnet i know gore is bad but hey why can't there be a animation where if some one threw a grenado ar land mine why can't some body parts uuummm come off p.s i know this may dissturb some people but hey every hates somethin that some one else likes!!! oh yeah the machete would have o be a pistol class if it was seperate addon and the bayonet would be cool tho the mag types should be infinite ie there was a chainsaw sumwhere that worked as i was saying two mags one would be a cross body/throat slice and the other a thrusting stab attack... tho yeah the model is easy enuff the anim is very hard!!!

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #39 on: 23 Nov 2003, 13:36:04 »
Eactly why I didn't offer to do the anims :P
Any takers....?
- Ben

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #40 on: 24 Nov 2003, 05:55:34 »
Christ, people... I think this thread is going a little off topic..... If I remember correctly, the original post was in essence about adding close-combat weapons to OFP. NOT about human anatomy.

ANYWAY, I know this has been attempted before, more than once. I'm not sure if anybody ever came up with a good hand-to-hand weapon, but I know somebody was working on a Katana at one point. And I saw a drill and a chainsaw at one site, but I dont' think they worked very well. What I would do is try searching the official forums a bit, and see what turns up; that's where I saw people working on this stuff before.

Now, as far as usefulness:

In standard OFP missions, a bayonette might be usefull at times. Mainly for close quarters fighting, like in an urban environment. I know there have been times where I have run out of ammo with an enemy really close to me, and it would have saved my life to be able to hit the spacebar and then run up and stab him. In those cases, pulling out your pistol just takes too long. Also, I think it would just be more fun to be able to charge a guy 10 meters away and stab him to death, rather than just shooting him. I tend to charge guys anyway, then just shoot them at point-blank :)

I don't think a knife would be very useful in standard ofp missions, though, since you would have to switch weapons, and it would be better just to pull out a pistol. However, in non-standard missions, a knife or sword would be great fun. Think about a zombie-killing mission, for example. Or how about an urban mission, where there is a gang-brawl in the streets. A big melee with chains and knives would be pretty cool. And, if anyone ever made a WWI or earlier mod, you would certainly run out of ammo quickly (and shoot slowly), so swords (and bayonettes especially) would be more useful. I don't think anyone will ever make a US civil-war mod, but if they did, swords and bayonets would be  used as much as bullets!
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Silent

« Reply #41 on: 06 Dec 2003, 19:27:59 »
 :booty:

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #42 on: 06 Dec 2003, 23:41:26 »
Hehe :P:P

Um...
Any one want to make anim/stuff like that... If so I'll start on the model..
- Ben

blackhawkdown132

« Reply #43 on: 25 May 2004, 03:11:27 »
would a throwing knife be feasible. Rockets and missle are visible when they leave the rail, why not knives. You could use the grenade throwing animation. A while back Gimbal made some throwers using this technolodgy.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #44 on: 25 May 2004, 16:57:51 »
Hmm, g'd idea :D
I'll look at gimbals guys to see if I can mod it with knifes :D
Maybe a little higher dammage

*Looks out Mr De Pbo*
:D
- Ben