Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Officer (KI) take flag......  (Read 1288 times)

2stonedPsi

Officer (KI) take flag......
« on: 21 Oct 2003, 15:23:33 »
i have some problems.

first my english is not good ::)
and second, with my new map.

oki:

i have 4 flags an my map (coop) the players have too take all 4 flags (the flags should going away, when the player runs into it) and a fine working alarm  ;D

when the alarm goes on, i want that a clock is in the left corner of the monitor, which a timer of 7 minutes. the players have only 7 minutes too take the upper flag. when they dont able to catch it, i want that the officier (he stans near the flag) take the flag and get into the copter and fly too the safe point. when he is near the safe point, the copter should land and the officer puts the flag on a empty flag"mast".

i hope anyone understands my prob, because my english is shity  ::)

greetz

Psi

PsyWarrior

Re:Officer (KI) take flag......
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2003, 17:54:00 »
Greetings 2stonedPsi

I think the closest way around this is to use dialogs (try a search for 'dialog'). The only problem with this is that I think all dialogs can be cancelled using the 'esc' key.

Another workaround would be to use the 'hint' command every 30 seconds, at first, and then faster

as in:
Code: [Select]

hint "7:00 mins remaining"
~30
hint "6:30 mins remaining"
~30
hint "6:00 mins remaining"
hint "10 seconds remaining"
~1
hint "09 seconds remaining"
~1
hint "08 seconds remaining"
hint "Timer Expired. The officer is escaping towards the safe zone!"

this will cause a box to appear in the top-left hand corner with the text in speech marks in, counting down.

I hope this is helpful,

-Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior
-Supreme Comander,
Psychic Productions, New Alliance of Gamers
 ;D

P.S. -> Your English is fine. Putting the important bits in RED makes it easier to understand than some English people!
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2003, 17:59:55 by PsyWarrior »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2003, 18:29:57 »
I'm not sure you need dialogues.    The hint suggestion is excellent and to make the officer do what you want all you need is a switch trigger and waypoints.  

Give the officer the waypoints he needs to do what you want.   His first waypoint, near the flag, should be HOLD.   Now create a trigger.   Make it type switch.   Synchro it with the hold waypoint.     The trigger is fired by a variable which is set to true at the end of the timer/hint script.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

2stonedPsi

« Reply #3 on: 22 Oct 2003, 13:52:26 »
thanks for your answers  :)

but the officer doesnÂ't do  that, what i want  :'(

can anybody make a demo for me? where the officer stands near the flag - takes teh flag and goes into the copter?

plz, i would be very nice :)

e-mail: frag_gl@yahoo.de

2stonedPsi

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2003, 17:28:21 »
plz, need help  :'(