Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: your favorite ww2 movies, reenacted in ofp- talk about them  (Read 4100 times)

BronzeEagle

I remember one called the dirty dozen but don't remember the plot.   I think it was to recover some expensive painting looted during the war but without being detected.  
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2003, 00:53:35 by BronzeEagle »

BronzeEagle

Re:your favorite ww2 movies, reenacted in ofp- talk about them
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2003, 04:20:36 »
cmon share your ww two ideas.  I can modernize them for ofp.  

MuSe

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2003, 13:46:20 »
Yeah I seen dirty dozen a long time ago. Loads of cons sent to recover the art from a big german mansion. I'd like to do saving private ryan but there just aren't any islands out there that would make good scenes for all events. I was thinking of remaking a game called WW2GI from years ago for OFP. I still haven't d/l the inv1944 demo. has any1 got a link?

Bulletsfire

« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2003, 09:37:33 »
how bout some of the attacks in "Band of Brothers" I really like the sneaky river crossing one where the guy tripps over his own grenade, 1 problem ofp doesnt have rivers.......DOES ANYONE FIND THIS ODD?

MuSe

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2003, 13:06:29 »
I've never tried to make islands for OFP but NOgova and SEB Ia Drang islands have 1 river so it's not hard! ::)

BronzeEagle

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2003, 02:56:07 »
So the camp was basically fortified except for the river.  

mikeb

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2003, 16:36:23 »
I love war movies where you see both sides of the conflict and each is dealt with seperately.  like "the Longest Day" and "tora, tora, tora" and to some extent "enemy at the gates".  Band of brothers i think is perfect for taking scenarios out of due to the variety of the battles.  what would be really good in a campaign though would be to track both sides of the conflict with the player as both, say, german and allied forces.

Offline Igor Drukov

• Contributing Member
  • Conscientious Subjector
« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2003, 20:27:02 »
Hey !

You all seem to agree that the plot of "Dirty Dozen" (with Charles Bronson and Yul Brunner, right ?) was to retrieve some work-of-art in some German mansion. Well, I've seen it lately, and as far as I could understand, the cons had been recruited to kill all major German officers having dinner in the said mansion.
Of course, the mission goes FUBAR (as Yul plays the role of a pervert), and the posse wind up inflaming officers and civilians in a basement.
This is OFP-relevant in that :
* the well-crafted plan becomes useless
* the FUBARITY of the mission is due to one of the squad members

If only one gifted mission-designer could come up with something like this !

Less off-topic, to me, "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band o' Bros" are the two WWII must-imitates. What has to be reproduced is the extreme violence of the combats.

And that ain't easy. :P

Catch you later,

Ig.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2003, 20:27:32 by Igor Drukov »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #8 on: 28 Oct 2003, 01:48:28 »
Okay so the part about having to kill all the generals at a mansion seems easy enough to do.  It could be done with BAS rangers with a helicopter insertion and everything.  Retrieving items can be done if one has the scripts to pick up and take things and the script that enables a trigger to detect the presence of an object at a certain trigger.  I've seen both tutorials on this site before.

How about in classic ww2 movie plot fashion, the enemy plans on sending a plane that looks american to an american base and has it full of explosives for one suicidal pilot.  That plane is disguised as a U.S. Space Shuttle and headed for the space station.  The conspiracy is found out and the launchpad is located.  The mission is to blow up the aircraft before takeoff.      
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2003, 02:08:16 by BronzeEagle »

max_killer_payne

« Reply #9 on: 28 Oct 2003, 17:28:27 »
Band of Brothers, all time favourite. Brilliant. And the ideas would be great for an OFP mission too, like the siege of Baston.

Superb acting, visual (as in blood and bones sticking out), slick presentation, and inspiring, would make for some really tense moments on OFP, if converted well enugh.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #10 on: 28 Oct 2003, 17:56:44 »
you guys don't even mention the scenarios.  

Johan_D

« Reply #11 on: 06 Nov 2003, 23:08:09 »
Southern Comfort..

Maybe someone with some script knowledge can do this..

Imagine the thrills in that creepy athmosphere!

Johan

albin78

« Reply #12 on: 07 Nov 2003, 12:35:47 »
Sorry guys i thing Band of Brothers suck bigtime hueee its sooo bad gives me the creeps. Rambo americans running into ss like they are no match at all, in reality it was the other way around. Beaten germans with no hope attacking, Yankees outnumberd.

Now here is something to base a mission on
The German drive into Stalingrad(Movie: Stalingrad)
The finnish squad getting through the russion defense line(Movie: Ambush)

//Just Albin oppinion

Offline Capt Ryan

• Members
  • Heil Myself !
    • Capt Ryans World War II Adventures
« Reply #13 on: 08 Nov 2003, 17:31:38 »
Quote from:  Rambo americans running into ss like they are no match at all, in reality it was the other way around. Beaten germans with no hope attacking, Yankees outnumberd.
[quote
END

Band of Brothers are a very close recreation of what really happend , if you dig deeper into the facts you will find out that the real soldiers infact did tell the instructors of the movie what happent, you can c this at each episode begining where the soldiers tell the storie among other still living Capt Winters , Guarnee , Popye , and the rest of the Easy company .

The things you c in the movie is not fiction its avery close autentic portrait .

No matter how you turn it , the us did win the war and they did run straight into the enemy with very high cassultie rates ( infact the highest in the intire war for one company !) . exsample in the episode where Liutenant Spiers cross the dutch town twice passing the german ss troops are real and did take place its not fiction at all .

The Germans did fight brave but for a non justice curse and for an insane leadership they where bound to loose the SS cut not make a diffrence they jst exstende the war a few months because they where fanatics who refused to c that the war was lost at Stalingrad and certainly after D-day .

Therfor is BOB a real good movie and also a waste ideas for many good missions .

Never forget the scarifices the US did 2 times in last century to save Europe from phykopatic leaders ,never forget that they fought for the democracy we have today ,and they still defend it this very minute against people who want to remove it !

The Germans where war criminals , the SS  was the worst -  they lost , remmber ?

Ryan
Capt Ryans WWII Adventures -  http://www.ofpww2.dk

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #14 on: 09 Nov 2003, 11:10:23 »
Yes the US fighting for your Personal freedom and free speech....unless you arab or muslim >:(

No doubt the German propaganda machine was busy saying what the monster US soldiers would do when they got hold of German women and children, no wonder the Germans fought on.

And please dont generalise Germans with Nazis; Nazis were war criminals, Germans werent.

And i dont think the war was lost at D-Day, i think if things had gone differently (ie, say at pegasus bridge), D-day could have collapsed a few days after.

Oh and BOB may be a good movie, but thats just what it is, a movie. IE not real.

Oh btw, the 1st world war wasnt about fighting against a psychopathic leader, and the US hardly had any combat involvement compared to the other sides. It probably couldnt have been won without US financial aid, but....

Im not supporting either Albin (hes too extreme in favour of Germans), or Ryan (hes naive to think 1)BOB is a real portrait of war and 2) The US freed Europe from "phykopatic " (its spelled psychopathic) leaders 2 times, and is fighting to keep the world free of evil. The US only fights when its interests and security are threatend, but always under the guise of fighting evil....if thats not true, then why did the US stand by during the Hungarian Uprising of 1954 , why did the US not help stop the taliban in Afganistan before sept 11th?) in this, they are both abit one sided. At least albin admits its only his opinion. As is the above
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2003, 11:13:42 by Pathy »