Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to Get a fence to fall down!  (Read 437 times)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
How to Get a fence to fall down!
« on: 10 Oct 2003, 04:59:20 »
I'm doing a mission where a Delta team must breach a barbed-wire fence.  I have a script that makes the Delta leader bend down as if he is do something to the fence ("combattomedic" stance).  At the same time I am having the fence damage increase gradually to 1.  But even though the fence reaches total damage (it even makes the sound effect of a crashing fence), the darn thing won't fall over and I still cannot pass through it!  Is there an animation sequence to make fences fall over?  Please help because I do not want to resort to making the fence disappear or sink into the ground as if the Delta leader was a magician! :-\

GrimMonkey

Re:How to Get a fence to fall down!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2003, 06:02:13 »
Hey RaptorSaurus,

VisciousDog started a thread a lot like yours.

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=12845

Beware the GrimMonkey

_hammy_

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2003, 23:30:24 »
fence setdamage 1

that knocks over the fence... well, at least most fences

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #3 on: 11 Oct 2003, 06:03:59 »
Hammy,

Thanks, but my script does make the damage go to 1, yet it does not fall.  And my men and I still cannot pass over/through it!

GrimMonkey,

Thanks, but I did see that thread.  The closest solution would be the "tornfence" version, but this would also take on the "magical" effect as the fence would become instantly torn with no animation.  I want the breaching of the fence to be animated so it looks like its being breached within the laws of physics not metaphysics!  Anyway, why do other fences fall but not barbedwire fences?  Arrrrrr! one of the many frustrating things about OFP (and yet less frustrating than most other editable games out there).