Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Zodiac  (Read 991 times)

Homefry31464

Zodiac
« on: 17 Oct 2003, 04:30:22 »
Well, Flashpoint needs a Zodiac, a good zodiac.  I know there are some, but what I think would be really cool is new cargo animations that the men sit laying down with their guns pointed over the sides of the raft, instead of sitting up.  

Is it possible to have men move in animations?  If so, could you have the men in the front scan the horizon with their guns??

It would also be awesome, if possible, if somehow you can camo the raft once onshore, like drag it behind something and use addaction to camo it.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2003, 04:30:59 by Homefry »

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
Re:Zodiac
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2003, 05:15:16 »
Just passing and thought that I'd add my 2 cents.

I discovered in another thread that the Black Ops action "Hide Body" just changes the objects Height to below ground level.  No reason why you couldn't just write a script to do the same thing with your boat.

The best thing is that the boat object would still be there - if you could find it you could get back in again !   ;D

Cheers

Roni

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2003, 06:00:36 »
BAS was making a zodiac I think for their Seals wait for it it will have new anims I am sure BAS never dissapoint us they rock ;)

Torak

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2003, 12:17:27 »
What possibly disappoints me the most with OFP is that you can't fire weapons from vehicles; whoever heard, for instance, of troops on a Little Bird not being able to shoot? Or Zodiac riders lying there on the edge to provide covering fire... by throwing little pebbles, because their guns don't work?

Is there a workaround?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2003, 15:01:38 »
What possibly disappoints me the most with OFP is that you can't fire weapons from vehicles; whoever heard, for instance, of troops on a Little Bird not being able to shoot? Or Zodiac riders lying there on the edge to provide covering fire... by throwing little pebbles, because their guns don't work?

Is there a workaround?

Not in OFP1, its just not coded into the game engine...

And scripting simply does not run fast enough to provide a stable (and useable) platform in MP.

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2003, 21:15:01 »
DeadMeat what about this idea you make a gunner proxy on the zodiac and when you get in you laying down it would look very cool ;)