Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hind VS Apachy - Multiplayer  (Read 1306 times)

Noel_From_Ireland

Hind VS Apachy - Multiplayer
« on: 04 Oct 2003, 21:22:39 »
Heres just another idea that popped up in my head for an action packed Multiplayer adventure. This is just something that myself in particular would like to see appear on the multiplayer games over the net.

HIND vs Apachy
10 vs 10 (5 HINDs 5 Apachys 10 Pilots 10 Gunners)

5 Sectors of which the chops must fight and hold - sides get points for the ammount of time there sectors are held and the winner is the side of which gains a certain ammount of points.

2 Massive No Entrance Zones for both sides to prevent long range attacks on the bases.

Pilots must RTB to reload and refuel (precise landings on Helepad or they dont get refueled and reloaded)

No Funky missile - Guns Only and not Autolocking, the gunners must do the buiseness all by themselves.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTRO CUTSCENE

5 hinds in arrow formation with camera following them from a side view (DAWN time so you can see the lights flashing)

Scene cuts to 5 apachys also in arrow formation with camera following them from a side view)

MUSIC; Highway to the dangerzone (Film: TopGun)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be kinda sweet if PAPA BEAR could award pilots with a new rank for killing a certain ammount of enemy birds. Im not firmiliar with all the ranks of both airforces but something cool like this:

USA Warrant Offer: 0 KILLS
USA 2nd Luetenant: 5 KILLS ||| Papa Bear: Congrats to Pilot XXX who has just reached the rank of 2nd Luetenant. etc
USA 1st Luetenant: 10 KILLS
USA Captain: 20 KILLS
USA Colonel: 50 KILLS
USA Brigadear General: 100 KILLS

Note: as I say, im not very knowlegdable person in terms of Rank systems in Airforces.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it was just a swift thought, I hope somebody, someday can make something out of it.

Noel

Noel_From_Ireland

Re:Hind VS Apachy - Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2003, 21:41:58 »
Oh about the PAPA BEAR awards idea...

If a Pilot and his Gunner has downed 4 Choppers and is about to get this first award at the 5th kill..... if they die before reaching the 5th kill, the system should be reset to 0 again otherwise everyone would be generals in no time. Saying all this, Im not sure wether or not this award idea is even possible.

Its then in turn a pity the ending scores could not be transfered onto some sort off Online Database, like a Hall of Fame for the best Pilots and Gunners.

Its like a Chopper version of HexenKessal, fast and really actionpacked, thats what I really enjoy in online OFP games and Hexan is the best example of all.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2003, 21:44:46 »
please... its spelled Apache... And, I played a mission just like that, even w/ the same music, only thing that was different was that the east had V-80s as well as hinds and there were no ranks, and there were flags instead, witch is kinda stupid, flags in a chopper fight mission....

Noel_From_Ireland

« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2003, 21:53:24 »
The rank system is what makes it exciting.. it sorts out the best from the rest and Highway to the Dangerzone should be played in all chop missions because it suits it best with the exception of Jimmy Hendrix - Voodoo Child which suits Blackhawk missions.

Oh and sorry about any bad grammer or spelling that you point out but I didnt go to Oxford or Harvard  ::)

Oh and heres a half decent compromise for the soundtrack problem...

The Rivieras - California Sun (Film: Good Morning Vietnam)
Burning Bridges (Film: Kellys Heroes)
Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
Prodigy - Firestarter
Gimmie Some Lovin (Film: Days of Thunder)
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2003, 22:19:36 by Noel_From_Ireland »

Commando

« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2003, 16:20:59 »
the airwolf theme from the old tv series is a very nice music track to use listen to ingame :D
I like your idea but i would like to find or make my own perfect ace combat mission where there would be 8 east and 8 west pilots that would have the best planes that could make it a 50-50 balance game beacuse both sides planes should have flares and the same amount of AA-missiles do neither side gets favoured. And it would be great to have tanks and comanche and havoc choppers but that could make it to laggy? even if you got a good comp it maybe would be to laggy playing online..
but im thinking about making it sometime later on this year  :P
and im making it sector control but with larger capturing points  ;D so you don't need to halt down and precise flying above a small flag pole somewhere..  ;)

max_killer_payne

« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2003, 20:33:17 »
The thing with this is, it would be hard as OFP really cannot simulate in ay way air to air combat, the only exceptions are the radar guided missiles (Hellfire) but you said that it would be the main cannon only and no missiles or auto locking.

Noel_From_Ireland

« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2003, 21:01:50 »
Anyone can fire a heatseeker, just like anyone can use Auto Locking. To be successfull in this type of mission, one must pilot well and his gunner must fire well. This would surely increase competition amongst clans online, bringing the war from the ground to the air.

[Note: Im not in a clan mind you]

You can conduct a Dogfight in this game with reasonable thrills... the nice thing about this game is the complex terrain, while most Air sims dont have very good terrain at all...

So a pilot can hide behind mountains and pop up behind an enemy to blast him away, while others favour the traditional "circle/spiral fight"

I know you can dogfight in this game, as those MFCTI maps always get the occasional half decent dogfight, providing both the teams are good.

Noel_From_Ireland

« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2003, 22:52:07 »
New thought on intro tune

The Doors - Break on Through (couldnt beat it with a big stick) :)