Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A mission Idea based off of rambo  (Read 1913 times)

BronzeEagle

A mission Idea based off of rambo
« on: 28 Sep 2003, 18:20:58 »
you start off as a prisoner in the medical room and your only weapon is stroke fist.  you were a

member of a delta force unit sent in with two weeks to free refugees from the island and are the last one left

alive.  You're guarded by guards on the outside of the medical barracks doorway while there is one

soldier inside armed with only pistol.  A helicopter comes for you outside full of reinforcements

to bust you out.  your notepad reads in handwriting, "Day 14 and still no sign of help.  I still

hope that they find us."  Then you're standing near a guard at the front window who's looking outside

at the gunfire from the rescue team.  You kick his ass with your strokefist then wait inside hoping noone suspects

anything.  A delta comes up to the door and opens it like, "cmon!"  Then you grab the weapon from

the guard and commence to getting to the chopper.  As soon as you're in the chopper you all get

lifted up out of there.  Once you're all at a safe range a delta unleashes his satchel charge on

their intelligence building located at the camp from the chopper above.  There's a huge fire (CAT

EFFECTS PACK) and they take you to meet the colonel.

Back at the base the Colonel informs you that you were released to complete a special mission.  You become pissed as to why the other ones didn't get to come out too.  He tells you thats exactly why they chose to break you out first.  You are expendable and can help get the rest of them out.  Once you land at the U.S. base, you gather up a squad of willing men to help you and begin attacking base after base in order to rescue the captured P.O.W.'s. all during one game session.   The chopper lands at the friendly base.  You have weapons available and the choice to form your own squad.  Arm them as you like.  Use whatever available weaponry and get to it.  It's just that you'd need a leave group command so you have room for hostages.        
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2003, 19:25:59 by BronzeEagle »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:A mission Idea based off of rambo
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:17:00 »
Like the idea. Everything xept the CAT effects, use the drop command instead.

:beat: *Gets Rescued* :beat:
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2003, 19:17:17 by The real Armstrong »

BronzeEagle

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:21:55 »
Why?

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:25:43 »
Cause the drop command is much more controlable.

BronzeEagle

« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:28:17 »
  Envision what I'm trying to do.  What's going to happen is the intelligence room is going to get satcheled along with rescuing the hostage.  When that happens I want flames.  
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2003, 19:28:55 by BronzeEagle »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:30:04 »
The drop command will give you flames! Or watereffects! Or dust! Or a guy standing and pissing(check the ed depot if you don't belive me)! Drop command owns!

:beat: *Gets Dropped* :beat:

BronzeEagle

« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:34:25 »
sounds dope.  I'm also going to have it so that its a co op, or a single player.  I mean, if its co op you can have your pilot, rescue team, and hostage.  If its single player you can only play as the guy who is the captive.  Not only that but I thinking between modern or vietnam.  Now that I get thinking I like the vietnam hueys because theres a gunship with a left gun and a right one so when those puppies land they can clear both sides out pretty well.  Then the soldiers pop out in search of the captive and thats even more gunfire.  I also plan this to be happening on Kolgujev.    
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2003, 19:46:12 by BronzeEagle »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:45:20 »
Oh boy... you don't know what you're missing...

You know Vektorboson's chopper dust script? That's drop command... :o

:beat: *Gets Dropped* :beat:

BronzeEagle

« Reply #8 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:48:16 »
I'll check out drop command.  I think what you're getting at is, the CAT EFFECTS pack is too many addons maybe.  Here's the list:
BAS
Barracken addon
Lsr Russian Special Forces
Vit's APC pack

No sign of CATSHITONES effects pack.  I hope this works...
Nope.  I don't want the drop command.  
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2003, 19:50:26 by BronzeEagle »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #9 on: 28 Sep 2003, 19:51:36 »
Good decision! But don't make it coop, think it'll be a good mission in SP. Very nice atmosphere. In MP every1 will go around screaming that they don't know WTF to do if they are seperated, at least if they are playing on the net.

And if you want to continue the CAT effects vs Drop Command why not take it in the other thread?

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

BronzeEagle

« Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2003, 20:49:16 »
Let me share with you some more ideas.  Just to calm you down.  Would you like that?  

"We know we just rescued you.  But we need you for another mission."

"No."

"Listen.  You owe us.  You are still in this military.  You were caught.  Help us prevent it from happening again to somebody else's squad.  You know the enemy pretty well.  I'm almost positive that you could pull of a rescue operation.  You're exploits in this situation have greatly impressed me.  I'll give you all the time to think about it you need.  Just remember though, the longer we wait, the more chances we have of them dying.  Now we know these camps are very difficult to bust out of, especially as hidden as they are.  You're really lucky we saw the flames."

"I set fire to the armory.......Listen, just give me time to recooperate."

"You got it."

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2003, 21:42:48 by BronzeEagle »