Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS addons missing from BAS missions?!  (Read 1948 times)

mikeb

BAS addons missing from BAS missions?!
« on: 12 Sep 2003, 14:32:35 »
some of the BAS missions - can't remember if i do/l them from ofpec have missing addons that i can't find elsewhere and were obviously meant to be inclosed in BAS addons.  any idea whats wrong?

one is a spec op mission which is missing the BASrepairh addon.  The blackhawk pack included a BASrepair addon (minus the "h") - is that what it's supposed to be

another mission says i'm missing somekind of smokeshell addon.

can anyone help?  or should i send an e-mail directly to BAS?

laulau

Re:BAS addons missing from BAS missions?!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2003, 15:31:44 »
hi!

i don't know the mission you're talking about but the "BASrepairh" is the object included in the blackhawk zip.  the smokeshell could be the one from the same zip which protects you from beeing seen by AIs. In fact it's a script included in the jam pbo, i guess, or the MH60 pbo.

have you installed all the pbo files from the MH60 zip in the right ofp addons folder?

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2003, 17:57:15 »
yes i've installed them all and it still says it's missing.  as i mentioned the error message has an "h" as in BASrepairh but the addon itself doesn't.  although i'm sure this doesn't make a difference actually seeing as the filenames and the actual addon name in the config are often different anyway.

v strange!

laulau

« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2003, 18:17:09 »
so contact BAS, hoping they can answer you.

WJP

« Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2003, 09:45:57 »
Hi Mike,

I'm having the same problem--missing the exact same AddOn.  My mission plays, but I don't see the intro movie.  This doesn't happen on all missions--just a couple (the Spec Ops mission you mentioned, for example).

Did you find out anything from BIS on what's going on?  If you did, would you send me an instant message to let me know how to fix it too?

Best,

WJP

mikeb

« Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2003, 14:25:05 »
couldn't be bothered to contact them.  how lazy am I?!  I'm now too interested in their latest release.

downloading it now - lucky i have broadband, it's HUGE!!!

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #6 on: 06 Oct 2003, 09:18:56 »
This sounds like a bad case of to many AddOns. Try to make mod Folders.

Greatings
Kuro

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2003, 10:57:01 »
Indeed as Kuro said, it's likely to be a conflict with two addons. If I play missions without using my mod folders (all addons in use) I'm bound to get errors in many many missions. It's not just with BAS missions.

However in some cases when a new addon pack is introduced, it can actually replace the old one. If this is the case, it's usually said in the readme or other installation notes that you should remove the old pbo's before installing the new ones if not named identically and overwritten in installation.
Not all is lost.

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2003, 12:31:03 »
I've been having the same problem. Once tried to play the demo missions that came with the De/Ra pack and I got that error and the intro didn't play. Also got that at the briefing screen but the mission played just fine. I think that it's a conflict between two BAS addons? Since I'm using mod folders and I have all BAS addons in one folder. Can't be sure though. Someone could try to "debug" the error to see what's being loaded at the time the error is shown.

Hawkins

Anmac

« Reply #9 on: 07 Oct 2003, 08:20:38 »
I have found that if the author had the addons in, say the 'addons' folder, but you have them in the 'res/addons' folder (or the other way around) it give you an error message.

Another problem is addon authors (if you can call them authors, more like butchers) use standard unit names and therefore conflick with other addons or standard units.

>:(

max_killer_payne

« Reply #10 on: 07 Oct 2003, 09:25:52 »
Yeah. Anmac is right, I put the BAS Littlebirds in the wrong addon folder and when ever i placed a unit in mission editor the unit icon didnt appear and when i went to preview it always crashed to desktop. I read the readme and corrected my mistake. So always make sure you put the addon in the right place, caphice?  ;D

mikeb

« Reply #11 on: 07 Oct 2003, 15:29:49 »
oh ok.  looks like i better do some re-shuffling with my addon/mod folders.

thanks everyone.