Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Animal Addons  (Read 2959 times)

Splintercell

Re:Animal Addons
« Reply #15 on: 18 Sep 2003, 02:18:44 »
It would make for hunting mission and a use of the hunter.
that six foot monkey could be used as Bigfoot. hey bigfoot hunting missions, that would be cool ;D

SSR_Magnum

« Reply #16 on: 25 Sep 2003, 09:20:47 »
I Once was talking to a addon maker who was working on a bird Addon you could shoot.  I was hoping he would have finished it because I had a survial mission in the works where I wanted to have the player have to hunt birds for food. kinda of a resistence fighter on the run Campaign. but he dropped off the face of the earth. too bad would have been a interesting Campaign.

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
Re:Animal Addons - FANTASTIC IDEA !
« Reply #17 on: 16 Oct 2003, 07:57:19 »
The name of this game is "Immersion", right ?  (Wrong ! I hear you all cry - it's OFP !)  ::)   :P

What I mean is - let's face it, it's all just a computer game, right ?  We all know that it's all just code.  Models, skins, textures, sound effects, weapons, ammo, the whole works - it's all just a bunch of numbers.  So why does everyone keep asking for new sniper rifles, new infantry, desert skins, arctic skins etc ?

It's the "immersion" factor.

Me - I'm working on a number of Iraq war scenarios and I would KILL to have goats, dogs and so on walking around the joint.

How about a dog that follows you everywhere barking its damned fool head off, but as soon as you get within 10 metres it turns and runs away?  Or a herd of goats that panics in all directions if you get upwind of them (getDir etc).  Or a pack of vultures circling an injured player lost in the desert (as his health fades the vultures get closer and closer . . .).  Would make "stealth" missions a nightmare and add a whole new dimension to village patrols.  (What was that ? A civilan, a gunman or just a stray dog ?)

You could model dogs, horses, cows and chickens on civilian Men and flying birds on civilian Air objects.  And as Drozdov said - the default action for these dudes would be "get the heck out of there" any time gunfire starts.

I'm working on a number of scripts that simulate making camp.  The player will be able to create a camp at will (tent, or if in building - cot).  That object will allow the player to build a fire (fireplace, or if in building - stove).  Unless the player is in a building and prone at night then he will take damage, but if he stays next to the fire then all his damage will be healed.

Now, add to that some wandering animals, a good hunting rifle and you've got a great weekend getaway !    :D  :gunman:

Roni

Torak

« Reply #18 on: 16 Oct 2003, 11:39:30 »
What I'd find particularly atmospheric is a flock of birds. Picture the scene:

You are crawling through a field past some enemies, and they don't notice you. Suddenly you disturb a sparrow and the whole lot of them buggers off. The bad guys turn and start shooting randomly into the corn; a flock of deer a few hundred yards away starts legging it away from there.

Now *that* is what we need.

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
« Reply #19 on: 17 Oct 2003, 01:42:32 »
Agreed !

;D ;D ;D

SSR_Magnum

« Reply #20 on: 18 Oct 2003, 22:47:16 »
I noticed someone just released a guard Dog addon looks pretty good for a beta. I remeber there used to be a Bird script out that was pretty good for making a flock of birds. had a demo mission with it as well.