Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Editor-Waypoints and paths visible in SP Briefing!  (Read 441 times)

Mooseman

Editor-Waypoints and paths visible in SP Briefing!
« on: 29 Aug 2003, 12:02:29 »
Hi there, another briefing-problem:

I'm doing a mission including some WPs for the player. In the Editor it's fine.

The problem shows just after I export the mission to the SP-Folder.

Now, playing the mission in SP-mode, the player's waypoints (and the paths between them) are shown on the map in the briefing!

Now that's bull of course, and even more so, since WP2 is part of a hidden objective.

Just to be clear about it:

I want WPs to be visible in cadet mode during the mission: The player sees this yellow square and the text.

At the same time WPs and paths are not visible in the briefing: You see no black lines and circles one the map in the briefing.

Somebody's got an idea?

Knut Erik

Re:Editor-Waypoints and paths visible in SP Briefing!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2003, 13:22:52 »
You have set the visibilety of the waypoint to "allways Vissible"

It should be "Never show"

Peace 8)

Mooseman

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2003, 13:36:30 »
Okay let's clarify one thing about WPs. You got 2 forms of WPs:

(1) An orientation while playing in first or third person perspective. It appears on the screen as a yellow square with a text and the distance from player to WP.

(2) As a marker on the editor's map. A Waypoint is shown as a black circle. Multiple WPs of one vehicle are connected by black arrows indicating the sequence.

WPs in my mission are definitely set to "Visible in cadett mode": I want them to be visible while actually playing.

In my understanding "visible" is a property of WP-form (1) and not of (2). Correct me if I'm wrong!

My problem are the (Editor-)WPs (Form (2)) which you can see on the map in the briefing.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2003, 13:40:03 »
Look here. The yellow squares ALWAYS appears when playing in cadet mode. The thing you set in the editor is if those black WPs on maps should be visible or not.

Mooseman

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2003, 13:49:35 »
Okay, I was convinced that "visible" etc is a property of the yellow "In-Game-WPs" and not of the black "Editor-WPs"!

Thanks for clarification.

Just wondering: What's the use of this option for "Editor-WPs" anyway?. You never want to show them in a brifing, do you? I have got marker to mark up places, routes etc. And it's of no use for debugging either because I do that in the editor anyway.

BAD ASS JACK

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2003, 00:25:20 »
Well i can safely say BIS have used the option of showing waypoints on the map and sometimes showing waypoints can be handy, just think of them as a long line marker or something... ::)

Unnamed

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2003, 08:26:59 »
I know it's not ideal, but you could move your waypoints when the game starts.

Just stack them (or at least the hidden objective) on top of each other for the breifing, then move them to there correct locations when the game starts using something like:

Code: [Select]
[groupOne, 1] setWPPos getMarkerPos "MarkerOne"
Well if all else fails, this would work.