Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Improved Tactical Nuke very realistic effects & does dammage-tiny download size!  (Read 10209 times)

m21man

Can you please please please make a bigger bomb?

Why? Grendel has already said that he's keeping this fairly small. You could always go into the script and alter it yourself if you want to...

Grendel

Hello everyone,

Sorry Josef, m21man is quite correct.  I Currently have no plans to make a larger Nuke.  I have a federal holiday weekend, and my wife is away for the weekend as well, so the next four days will be devoted to finishing the public beta for my groundbreaking (I daresay  ;)) Sniper/Spotter MOD.  Look for it soon...

Grendel

DBR_ONIX

I like the idea of radiation.. If your in the radiation zone (Could be quite big), your health would go down slowly.. Maybe a radiation meter..?
I have not a scripter (At the time being.. I want to learn, but I have lots to do these days..), I can edit bits in them... So, basicly, I have no idea if this is possible, and if it is, how you would do it (Maybe a Hint thing, with a number of percetage of radation in the area your in..)

Just going to test the script just now...
- Ben

Grendel

Ok, now that my other projects are pretty much done other than documentation, I will go back and improve the nuke as well as make a "Hollywood" version with radiation and such.

Radiation is possible and won't take all that much effort, so expect it "soon".

-Grendel

DBR_ONIX

Yey ;)
That thing is scarey... And ever more so that its real!!
"Hollywood" - Bigger - Radiation - Bigger flash (Isn't the flash of a nuke suppose to blind/burn people..)
- Ben

Grendel

:)good idea! thanks.

I can actually modify a script I made for a naplam to cause soldiers caught in the initial neutron "flash" to be burnt and temporarily blinded (closer to ground zero=more blindness)

This aspect is also realistic and will be included in both versions (just exagerated in the Hollywood version").

-Grendel

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
I'm going to download this script right now and see.
 You all are going on about the radiation and all that. I think it have some nice potencial for some missions, and I was just remembering about something. How many armour vehicles are NBQ resistante? lots, so a good thing to add to the script( if possible) could be , create a subscript that can be call in the init field of any unit, so when we say "this exec whatever.sqs" the vehicle becomes radiation resistante.
What do you think?
BTW, I'm not a scripter, so I can't give any sugestions. :-[
SCREWBY!!!

DBR_ONIX

Have you released the hollywood/added flash script yet...
Can't wait :)
- Ben

DBR_ONIX

I said I can't wait!! I CAN'T!!
;)
Just checking again..  Done?
:(
- Ben

Grendel

Hey everyone, and merry Non Denominational Winter Holiday ;)

Sorry I've been out of the loop for awhile, but alot of stuff has been happening in the real world.   I just got a new Alienware for Christmas,  so I need to transfer all my files and such, so be patient with me...

-Grendel

Azraell

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o  :o

This is amazing work!!!!!!!!Looked so freaking real. Top notch 8)      Id like to look it over...maybe for a nuclear cannon idea.

Again, great job :D

r1c0cH3T

Umm... Got an idea:

When the nuke explodes, little green balls of light start to form on the ground around the blast radius (or a light green texture over the radius). The humans over the radius gets dammaged real slowly like set dammage .01 and keeps increasing by .01 until he steps outta the radius. Gotta code it so the NBC units wont get dammaged in the radiation. I think its a pretty simple addition.

Azraell

atomic cannon

http://www.vce.com/grable.html

scroll to the middle for movies
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2004, 23:59:40 by Azraell »

OpHexus13

Hullo, Im Hexus...im new......
Anywho, this download sounds exellent now!!
HOWEVER!, mine doesn't work :'( :'( :'( :'(
It keeps coming up with the same message as -omega- did.....which is "'getASLheight = preProcessFile |#|"aslheight.sqf"': Error Unknown Operator" how ever, after i try to select nuke, my computer freezes.....help???

Fishion

hmm the preProcessFile command was introduced in Version 1.90
is it possible that you have still the 1.85 of OFP running?
It's just a shot into the blue

-Fishion