Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Improved Tactical Nuke very realistic effects & does dammage-tiny download size!  (Read 10207 times)

Offline WizzyWig

• Members
  • Mod Maker
    • Oblivion Promotions
larger effect is always better with a nuke as it is a nuke i recon that it should leave a radioactive dust that kills any player that enters unless the unit has a suit to protect him just an idear but a good one non the less ill work on it soon

O Neil

m21man

Since most people seem to assume that any nuke leaves "radioactive goo" and stuff, the script should have an option of whether you want realism or Hollywood style radiation.

Grendel

:DHA HA HA!! :D

OK!, I'll make a version with radioactive after effects for those hollywooders out there.  Hell, I'll even make ground zero glow in the dark for you.  As far as making it bigger, this is meant to be a tactical nuke i.e. usable in a tactical (small level) situation.  Bigger would = game ender/strategic level stuff, which I'm not going for here.  

i recon that it should leave a radioactive dust that kills any player that enters unless the unit has a suit to protect him

hey WizzyWig, guess what high tech equipment we use for protection from fallout in the Army...(drum roll) actually anything that keeps you from breathing dust in will work; hankerchief, surgical mask etc.  The rest you just wash off.

-Grendel

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
This sounds lovley, maybe it can satisfy my evil soul(nothing can do that, but it's worth a try)

*Presses OFP start button*

Mmmmm... Lovley... Like the smoke that's left after the nuke is laid, very nice. But isn't it kinda small for a nuke? I would call it a "big bomb" instead.

Anyway, Very nice work. Can't wait until I can use this script!
« Last Edit: 16 Sep 2003, 17:01:42 by The real Armstrong »

m21man

The nuke would be better with larger blast ;D. Actually, I didn't know that there were nukes this small, but you'd probably know more about this than me ::).

Oh, and you may as well not do the "Hollywood" idea. I found a great mission on ATWAR with large, special effects nukes. You know, the ones that create a roiling wave of orange-grey fire outward from the blast zone. The big nukes in the mission can kill everything within a 1 km. radius :o.

Grendel

The nuke would be better with larger blast

If by blast you mean damage radius, then you can alter that pretty simply by adjusting the three triggers in the mission editor, as far as blast 'effects' the actuall blast occurs 100m above ground.

I didn't know that there were nukes this small

actually, we developed nuclear devices that fit into shells fired by towed artillery.  If I remember correctly, it was called the "Long Tom".

-Grendel

-Omega-

exclusive chance at my pre-public beta.

Still available, or am I too slow?...  :D

-Omega-

I loaded up the map in the editor, and the very first error I get is:

'getASLheight = preProcessFile |#|"aslheight.sqf"': Error Unknown Operator

And, after I select 'nuke' from the action menu, multiple errors display themselves all across the top of the screen...

All of the files seem to be in the mission's folder (including aslheight.sqf), and glancing over the script's commands, I don't notice any obvious problems...

After reading all those threads, I'm very interested in seeing this script in action...

...am I just a
\  | | | | | |  /
-  magnet  -
/  | | | | | |  \

for command and scripting problems that no one else has?...  ::)

_hammy_

very nice indeed ;)

Grendel

:)Thank You All!

-Omega-, I sent you a personal message regarding your posts.  I hope I can help find out why its not working for you!

I've been juggling 3 other projects at the moment, and this one is on the back burner since it seems to be pretty much acceptable.

I will add the "radiation" and glow in the dark FX pretty soon tho for those that expect the hollywood touch...

Offline Terame

• Members
  • Nice one OFPEC
    • http://fantasyscifi.com/main/ fantasy scifi sci-fi
Hiya Grendel - no I'm not stalking your posts hehehe (REALLY!)

Just wondering about the nominal yield - 5 kilotons? Explosion seems rather small for that or am I way off? Just seems that the blast radius is smaller than a daisy cutter which is 6 tons (as oppose to 5000 tons eq)

Not picking just very curious about yields now that I have someone with hands on experience to ask  ;D

So cool they called it "long tom" was the name of a railway gun later converted for towed deployment - savage howitzer style 155 - yummy in it's own right (if decimating battle fields is ever yummy ;))
You can travel to infinity though the endless passages of the cosmos. Even
better this belongs to you. This is your mind

Grendel

Hey Terame!

Actually, if you look close you will notice a decimal in front of the 5 ;)

Yeah, 5 kilotons would pretty much nuke a huge portion of the map.
The blast damage is still somewhat toned down for playability though.  This thing is primarily designed to destroy a cluster of armored vehicles and not kill the Forward Observer.

-Grendel

Offline Terame

• Members
  • Nice one OFPEC
    • http://fantasyscifi.com/main/ fantasy scifi sci-fi
Doh! Sure missed that one!

Cool, makes sense, muuuuuch easier to deploy than a daisy cutter LOL
You can travel to infinity though the endless passages of the cosmos. Even
better this belongs to you. This is your mind

Josef

Is there a daisy cutter?

Can you please please please make a bigger bomb?