Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OMFG... BIS and it's idiotic AI!  (Read 733 times)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
OMFG... BIS and it's idiotic AI!
« on: 26 Aug 2003, 21:23:41 »
Hi! Yup, another Q about BIS wonderful AI. I haven't noticed this earlier but the AI has some really strange problems with wood fences. I'm makin this oh-my-god-I-just-realized-that-we-can-not-hold-this-base-much-longer-send-choppas-in-standard-Nam-style. First the players got a wave of NVAs over him, but then more intresting stuff will happen. The first wave will be right on the front, we're all the guys are, hiding behind sandbags. When I tested the mission I only realised the guys in the tower and the MGs were shooting, not the others. I found out that if I removed the sandbags they'll start shooting again, but they'll die faster than Usama look alikes in NY. I tried "lowering" the sandbags with setpos but I stopped when I relized that I was down to their boots, and that wont protect much, huh? I tried relieve myself with the command and a couple of other stuff but nothing happen! I only got shot when I walked about 45 degrees around the sandbag(which ain't gonna help me cause the attack in right on the front)or when the AI wanted to use it's so beloved clipping problem. Anybody knows how to deal with this? Cheers! :-*

Kaliyuga

Re:OMFG... BIS and it's idiotic AI!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2003, 21:36:11 »
 You can use setdammage on them I do believe and they will appear the same.. though the geometry and fire geometry will be collapsed a little bit allowing them to see and shoot over the top of the sandbags, and the collapsed portions still afford some degree of protection

:toocool:

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:OMFG... BIS and it's idiotic AI!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2003, 21:38:56 »
Cheers Kali! Now all I need is to fade the sound! :toocool: :afro: :thumbsup:

*locked*