Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: rules of engagement  (Read 424 times)

dustin

rules of engagement
« on: 22 Aug 2003, 16:54:55 »
I'm tired of trying to dig in close or pass through a large enemy body and my A.I. shoot at anything they see. I know I can tell them to hold fire, but it would be nice to tell them "DON'T FIRE UNLESS NOTICED OR FIRED UPON." I think this would help tremendously.

Dustin

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
Re:rules of engagement
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2003, 17:27:32 »
How about telling them to 'Sneak' ? It's under 7-2 or 7-1, don't remember right now.

dustin

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2003, 20:07:44 »
Not what Im looking for. Here's why: Say you've got an army coming towards you and there's no chance of winning the fight because you and 5 others just survived a blackhawk crash. You dont want to crawl off, you tend to want to HAUL ASS! I dont want my men sluggish, I want them in a full run.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2003, 20:59:11 »
Code: [Select]
"_x setSpeedMode ""full""" forEach units this

In the leader's initfield and they will run. Also:

this setCombatMode "blue"; this setBehaviour "AWARE"

That will make them never want to engage or fire on the enemy, and will move with their guns in their hands but not go prone.
You could also use

"_x setUnitPos ""up""" forEach units this

In the leader's init-field, that will make them never go prone, and thus move faster.
Note that it's two quotemarks "", then the word, then three quotemarks """ in these lines. So you don't get any error messages from OFP.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"