Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Are you with us, and Nose Dives  (Read 348 times)

VisciousDog

Are you with us, and Nose Dives
« on: 22 Aug 2003, 06:13:51 »
ok..been working on a new mission and adjusting others.

I have pilots (making new mission) who are P.O.Ws. I have West pilots (P.O.Ws) in a East tent. And in their Init line I have "Pilot1 SetCaptive true; Pilot1 SetBehaviour "Careless"; Pilot1 removeallweapons this

And then a waypoint "Join" which is suppose to be to the player rescuing.
Many times testing the mission, I finally get to the tent. But the Pilots, just look around and stand inside tent questioning each other, then looking at me. And I have waypoint "Wait for others"

What is wrong?

Also why is it the "AI" Aircrafts (not helicopters) do nose dives when engaging ground targets? When they do that...they have to pull up and most of the time, they do not make it and crash into hills, or ground? Is it a waypoint thing? I expect them to level flight and drop/fire weapons onto targets (BVR)....Beyond Visual Range. A-10's are just as bad.
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2003, 06:16:29 by VisciousDog »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Are you with us, and Nose Dives
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2003, 09:11:38 »
it should be:

Code: [Select]
this SetCaptive true; this SetBehaviour "Careless";removeallweapons this
if it's in an init line.

2. Don't use WP to make things happen, veteran players(and I think most ppl play in veteran) wont see em. Use the join command instead, described further in the command reference. But what you're doing wrong is that you havent synced the rescue WP with the pilot's WP.

3. Dunno, so he can aim?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2003, 11:48:46 »
And I'm not sure it's a good idea to make his behaviour careless.     He should probably be in safe till the shooting starts locally, then he will automatically go to aware or combat.   If he is on careless he's going to look a bit dopey in the middle of a battle.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

KyleSarnik

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2003, 15:32:08 »
and be sure to setcaptive false on the POWs after they are rescued... so the ruskies shoot back at em

VisciousDog

« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2003, 15:50:17 »
Ahh...that is it.

setcaptive false

Never knew of that, and going to use a *sqs file for that...thanks guys

:thumbsup: