Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Plan Updated" window  (Read 566 times)

Ace Productions

"Plan Updated" window
« on: 21 Aug 2003, 21:00:10 »
I've seen in various missions a grey window appearing when hidden objectives become active saying "Plan Updated" or "Mission Updated" . Can someone explain how to do this?  ::)

Drozdov

Re:"Plan Updated" window
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2003, 21:06:11 »
When creating an objective, you can set it's status to "hidden" (denoting a, duh, hidden waypoint). Use the ObjStatus command. When you want to activate it then set the objstatus to "active". I've never actually done this but I read it in the Unofficial Command Reference. I assume it works, but don't be surprised if it doesn't (I'm no editing genius).

mikeb

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2003, 21:09:50 »
you can simply do the following:

hint "Mission Updated"

in atrigger whenever the mission is meant to updates.  in the official missions these are usually tied in with revealing a new objective. changing it's status from hidden (when you don't see it in the briefing) to active when it will appear mid-game on your briefing pad.

check out the getting started section of the tutorials in the OFPEC editors depot.  I seem to remember snypir did one on objectives...

EDIT: wrote the first half of this post without realising somone had already responded.  need to be quicker!
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2003, 21:11:04 by mikeb »

Drozdov

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2003, 21:16:42 »
Quicker than the speed of mikeb  8).

But you did raise another point... I'm not sure if just doing what I said will auto-create a message saying "Mission Updated" or whatever. If it doesn't, then do what he suggested (with the Hint thing).

Ace Productions

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2003, 21:31:46 »
Guys thank you both for your help and mikeb hint "Mission Updated" works just fine.

Thanks again.  ;)