Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Climbing trees.  (Read 796 times)

ichabod

Climbing trees.
« on: 16 Aug 2003, 18:42:14 »
Anyboby thought of making an add-on for climbing trees. Good sniper spots.

Grendel

Re:Climbing trees.
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2003, 22:02:08 »
As an actual sniper in the U.S. Army, I would like to point out the main reason we wouldn't be caught dead in a tree:  We Would be caught dead in a tree; we try to relocate after a max of 2-3 shots, and it is very hard to climb out of a tree in a ghillie suit without making everyone on the battlefield aware of your location.  It is also hard to find cover if someone is shooting back at you.  Some Japanese "snipers" tried this tactic during WW II, and it soon became suicidal (they would actually tie themselves to the tree, so when they were shot their body wouldn't fall out thus causing us to waste a lot of ammo). Real trees also blow in the wind, making long range shots nearly impossible.  Just some food for thought.

ichabod

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2003, 10:30:21 »
I fully agree Grendel. The idea was just a thought (silly maybe but just a thought). The other side of the idea which I think may be better is as a spotter, has this been tried or thought about.

Teryan

« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2003, 04:00:19 »
The Ghost in the Grass production had some screen shots with a sniper bunker and a tree that you could climb up (Deer hunter style).  Can be used for arterly spoters and such.

ichabod

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2003, 17:20:55 »
Thank you Teryan.