Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Static ship  (Read 2016 times)

Siber Fox

Static ship
« on: 15 Aug 2003, 09:35:19 »
Hi, I was playing around with the passenger boat and jet skis today, and realized a perfect addon.

A static boat that just sits in the water, able to be walked on, but doesnt move up and down with the waves.

This would work great with the CoC divers, or other boats. Maybe add a ladder that goes down into the water to allow access to the deck. There doesnt even have to be an inside, just a desk would work.

Also, a destroyed version, where half of it may be submerged at a 30 degree angle.

If anyone intends to make this, please inform me.

Offline Silent Sniper

• Members
  • I hired a hitman to kill my llama
Re:Static ship
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2003, 14:42:07 »
 :D Sweet idea! if i had you know how id do it myself.... but i don't  :-\
If you havent played ofp you havent lived

Mr_Shady

« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2003, 14:58:07 »
There's the Falklands Mod HMS Hermes (very beta), comes in four sections and has limited interior areas, but it's handy for launching their Sea Harrier off  :)

PaulRPG

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2003, 15:00:58 »
sounds really good, like to play with it

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2003, 12:02:19 »
HMS Hermes as said is a very early beta, mainly showing what can be done using a slightly different method of construction.

All of the ships in the Falklands Mod will have static versions (some may have 'active' versions too)

Enhanced detailing is being done to HMS Hermes and the other ships including a limited selection of interiors, mainly relating to bridges and other areas that are required such as briefing rooms etc....

HMS Fearless also includes a full 'tank' deck with working ramps to the upper decks and ladders etc to allow access to 90% of the external decks, and also the bridge structure.

MV Batlic Ferry has a full selection of 3 vehicle decks, inclduding workign connecting ramps and stern ramp for off ship access.

Other feateures for many of these statics are in my mind, I just need to work out hwo to implement them without giving away too many of the rather nice features already setup.
CBF Shipbuilding

PaulRPG

« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2003, 14:06:17 »
i think i downloaded a ship similar to what you're talking about

swift88

« Reply #6 on: 16 Aug 2003, 18:21:55 »
thats the ash land LSD..............got multiple decks and allows vehilces and man to board it via the stern (i cant say entered via the rear lol)

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2003, 19:38:05 »
you can drive it also but it isnt recommended if it has vehicles

PaulRPG

« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2003, 13:51:47 »
no i alredy got that it's this ferry boat

swift88

« Reply #9 on: 18 Aug 2003, 14:38:06 »
ive got this model collecting dust and ive also got  a aux ship
[img removed]ship.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2003, 14:58:30 by swift88 »

GrimMonkey

« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2003, 02:45:32 »
Someone, I forget whom and where, made an LSD. It's great! You can easily land a helicopter or Harrier. There's so many places you can fire at enemies out of :)! If you do it right, you can land on the top and get out without gliching. There are a lot of floors to walk around and it has good detail. There are rooms to walk around and places with beds and leisure delights!

KyleSarnik

« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2003, 02:47:29 »
thats the ash land LSD..............got multiple decks and allows vehilces and man to board it via the stern (i cant say entered via the rear lol)

I beleive it was allready covered  ;)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2003, 02:48:00 »
 Yeah if I remember correctly that LSD ( The Ashland) was suppose to have a static version according to the readme file.....   But I've never seen it  ???

GrimMonkey

« Reply #13 on: 20 Aug 2003, 02:57:17 »
Sorry,

I'm tired and I'm too lazy too read all of that. My head aches :'(.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #14 on: 20 Aug 2003, 09:47:53 »
It is there, I've seen it, most probably under Empty -> Objects