Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Question  (Read 338 times)

Semith

Question
« on: 15 Aug 2003, 07:41:06 »
I think this is the right place for this, not sure though.  Anyway, when you are at the OFP titlescreen, a little cutscene-like scenario is played in the background on the most recent island used.  

Questions are, does anyone know what these are called?  Seems that they are chosen randomly, on islands other than Nogova and the sandy one.  Can I add more to a list that the computer seems to choose from?  Some custom islands don't have anything at all.  Oh, and have people already done these, and if so, are they listed somewhere where I can download them?  If not, I can try making my own.

Thanks

Semith

Re:Question
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2003, 01:11:03 »
Doesn't anyone know?  I thought this would be common knowledge.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2003, 02:41:51 »
the little cutscenes what you see are called island animations, basically a cutscene what the island maker has made, now IF a custom island has got one of these, it comes with the islands .pbo but in a different flder,you extract the folder into the same place where the island went, as for the rest i dont know, for me it 99% of the time starts with the desert island one

Semith

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2003, 04:23:54 »
Thank you!  The information you provided me with is enough to get me started searching.

Also, moderators, I just realized I titled the topic improperly according to a sticky in a different section.  I apologize and swear that future questions will be titled acording to question.  Not topic classification.  Another mark of amaturism that will never be repeated by me...