Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New beta car bomb NEEDs beta testers!  (Read 6668 times)

Sniper_Kyle

New beta car bomb NEEDs beta testers!
« on: 12 Aug 2003, 06:17:51 »
I JUST FINISHED MY FIRST ACCEPTABLE CAR BOMB SCRIPT

I made it just today while I was bored and got the zip all, well, zipped up and ready to be tested... ;)

Just pm me or email me...

DOWNLOAD AND TEST PLZ!!!

ChEeRs,
     Sniper_Kyle  ;D
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2003, 06:18:52 by Sniper_Kyle »

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:New beta car bomb NEEDs beta testers!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2003, 08:37:58 »
Hey there, Sniper_Kyle

Good on ya for finishing a script.

However to be a beta thread, you need to post the script up. If you just ask people to email or PM you, then I'm afraid I'll have to lock your thread (as it then falls under the category of recruitment rather than beta testing ;)).

So if you could attach the script, or paste in a download link, we'll keep this open.

Sniper_Kyle

« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2003, 18:51:47 »
Okay sui, I have the script.  Every1 just click below and tell me what I should change to make this as realistic as possible. ;)

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2003, 21:37:06 »
Ok first of all this script needs the 101st soldiers for it to load into the editor.. so basically the name of the script / download is totally against what the script does aint it ??

People do not like missions , script, beta things that need addons that are not brought to peoples awareness...

Either take these addons out and uplaod a new veersion of the script for me to look at or give me the link wgere i can get the addon from !!

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Iwesshome

« Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2003, 22:12:27 »
Sniper_Kyle,

Rhysduk is correct...

If you would like people to beta test your script and since you were nice enough to even create a mission to show how it works you should only use BIS units in the future.

This allows unnecessary downloading of unofficial addons for a simple script to be beta tested. Can you redesign the mission to use only official addons and I will be glad to take your script for a test drive.

Thanks

Kyle

« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2003, 18:01:51 »
Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, having some probs with the login thing...I wanted to change my email and then everything went crazy >:(...but o well, I will get that script up here.   It doesnt have a demo mission at the moment but just put it in your mission and use the syntax: [name ofguy to get in car, car name] exec "carbomb2.sqs".   And then just make a waypoint for the guy saying for him to get in the car....I will make a beta testing mission as soon as I get everything straightened out.

ChEeRs,
      Sniper_Kyle  ;D  (Now just Kyle because supthin got f***ed up with my profile!)

NOTE : I got it pretty much straightened out now.
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2003, 18:10:45 by Sniper_Kyle »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 18 Aug 2003, 23:48:14 »
Ok i understand that u have had problems.. to be honest with u i have no time to fart around with making my own mission for ur script and nor should any1 else... if u can put an example mission together for us...  it would save us a lot fo tiem... sory mate but thats the way it works...

What do u say Iwess ?

Rhys

Iwesshome

« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2003, 23:58:10 »
@Rhysduk...

Behave my friend  >:( A demo mission would be nice but this is a simple script that would take use no more than 3 min. to set up.

@Sniper_Kyle...

I will take a look at your script. I saw your sqs file and everything looks good to me. I will let you know later tonight  ;D
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2003, 00:10:11 by Iwesshome »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 19 Aug 2003, 00:20:10 »
Sorry IW.. respect eah other and all... specially the Staff ;D

I shall take a look at ur sccript also but it would be nice to see a example mision to see it working also....

Shall post reply tomoz (Tuesday)

Regards Rhys

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 19 Aug 2003, 00:24:20 »
euh... what kind of ammo is "Ch29T" ?

never saw it before...
Search or search or search before you ask.

Yahoo Reborn

« Reply #10 on: 19 Aug 2003, 01:38:44 »
It's the guided missles of the Su25

Iwesshome

« Reply #11 on: 19 Aug 2003, 04:56:08 »
@Sniper_Kyle...

CarBomb Script V1.0

*I ran through your script and came across no issues
*The countdown timer worked like a charm
*Car blew up without any problems

Suggestions

*I would not use such a heavy bomb for the car... Take a look at the pictures listed below and you can see why sending a car 100 yards down the road is a little unbelievable for a car bomb.

http://rdpstudios.tripod.com/Pictures/index.html

1. I will leave the pictures up for the next couple of days
2. I uploaded a demo mission for review

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 19 Aug 2003, 23:45:56 »
@ Iwesshome

I feel u shouldnt have gone to the trouble of making teh example misison but hell, a nice one all the same  ;D

@ Sniper_Kyle

1. The script is near perfect
2. I feel the bomb used is far to fierce for a car bomb script.. I fel "Shell73" will be a better option or a "hand grenade".. ( Might onyl damage car and not disable it htoguh)
3. The timer is an exellent feature... This wuld look even nicer if it were to appear in a Hint Box ;D What do u say...

Keep us infromed of changes ;D

Rhys

Iwesshome

« Reply #13 on: 19 Aug 2003, 23:48:00 »
No trouble at all....   8)

Kyle

« Reply #14 on: 20 Aug 2003, 23:34:08 »
I am sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was a bit busy...my comp sucks too, but o well.  First of all rhysduk, I am sorry I didn't get time to make an example mission yet, (I am trying to get a small mission pack goin for supthin else) but I will get one ready in just a bit (it will be in my next post hopefully soon).  Secondly, Iwesshome, you're the best man, thanx 4 helpin.  The only reason I put the ch29t was because I put it in a certain place on the car so it would flip over and thats all.  I think (actually know) the reason the car went 100yds down the road was because I used a ural when I tested it and maybe it has something to do with the different weights.  And rhyzduk, I will get that timer onto the hint box in a special version 4 u :P .  lol, Thanx 4 testing my script and keep the feedback coming so I can make this script real good.  Tell me ANYTHING you think I should do to make it better! ANYTHING!  :D

Cheers,
    Sniper_Kyle  ;D