Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Briefing Problems  (Read 502 times)

MasterSniper

Briefing Problems
« on: 08 Aug 2003, 00:16:15 »
I wasn't really sure where to post this so I just shoved it in here and hoped a moderator would point me in the right direction.

I'm having trouble with a briefing, I took it from toadlife's Operation Lojack mission and changed the text to reflect my mission because I suck at making briefings. I have sent him a message asking for permission and if he denies me permission I will delete this thread and not use it.

Anyway, I'm having a number of problems involving links not working and random blank pages, if someone could take a look at it and maybe fix it up or tell me how to, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot, MasterSniper out.

PS."OFPEC setdammage 1" for not letting me post up .rar files. :D

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Briefing Problems
« Reply #1 on: 08 Aug 2003, 02:36:34 »
as for .rar - thats because Zip is THE universal compression program... .rar isnt as widely used and until Windows makes it as easy to use as XP makes Zip, then i sure as hell wont use it  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

MasterSniper

« Reply #2 on: 08 Aug 2003, 02:42:22 »
To be honest, around the internet I see far more .rar files than .zip files.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 08 Aug 2003, 03:15:27 »
I have a feeling that I once heard that .rar is incompatible with certain browsers.

In any case, we want to stick to one compression utility and its zip.    

And, to be fair, if OFPEC was setdammage 1 you wouldn't be able to download anythng at all.  ;D

Returning to the problem in hand, I'm sure toadlife won't mind.    I haven't checked your Briefing - html is not my forte - but when I get blank pages it's usually due to blank lines or extra paragraph marks.   Check for extra <br> that you don't really need at the end of each page.

Links not working are probably just minor spelling mistakes somewhere.    Have you managed to get one link to work?

Don't make a link back to the Plan page - it makes the Objectives disappear.   This is an OFP bug.   The Player can just click on the tab to get back to the Plan anyway.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

MasterSniper

« Reply #4 on: 08 Aug 2003, 03:17:30 »
Well HTML is not my thing I kinda just logically guessed what was what, obviously I guessed wrong.

I'm hoping toadlife can give me a hand, it is his briefing after all.

MasterSniper

« Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2003, 02:10:08 »
Okay, well I still have a problem but I decided to make my own briefing that is slightly more simple. The problem is that when you go onto the second page of the briefing, it shows the objectives at the bottom and a blank page, then when you go onto the third page it continues the briefing, but when you look back the objectives are gone.

I want the objectives to be at the end, someone told me how to fix this ages ago but I've forgotten, any ideas?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2003, 19:50:34 »
Hmm ... sounds like the whole thing is a bit messed up.     Check for extra <br> (which is a line space) and <p> followed by </p> which is the start and end of a paragraph, and delete any extra ones.

If you want a simple Briefing to compare with yours look at the one in the Tutorial Mission in the Ed Depot.    Compare line by line and make everything identical, except your text of course.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

MasterSniper

« Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2003, 22:09:41 »
Does it make a difference if I say it's a four page briefing, as opposed to the conventional one page briefing?

The objectives seem to have to show up on the second page, perhaps that is the problem?

MasterSniper

« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2003, 18:51:43 »
Okay, problem solved thanks to Black_feather.

Thanks for all your help.