Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I need minor assitance please with Group Link II by keycat pleeeease  (Read 4759 times)

Offline Burn

• Members
And I'm glad you decided to share your ideas with the community :thumbsup:.
Cause if it wheren't for all you talented scripters out there... how would poor little missionmakers like me, that don't have the slightest idea how to make those brilliant scripts that all of ya make, come out with a half a deacent mission ::).
I'm working on that, learning advanced scripting part...  :-\
but to tell you the truth, I doubt that I'll ever fully understand it :beat:.
*yawn*
*ZZZZZZZ...*
Oh... dozed of for a moment there :P...

Anyways, keep sharing your ideas n' scripts with the community,
cause I'm depending on it ;) :tomato:

Offline KeyCat

• Members
After downloading tons of great addons, mods, missions, scripts, tutorials, patches etc. from all over the net I'm just trying to give something back to a great community and will continue to do so when time permitts :)

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

- The journey is the reward!

CptBravo

Just curious about the new version which you said will allows the enemy to use "hearing aid"  .. will that allow the enemy different groupes to also hear and react to other west groupes even though they are not in the init field. If they do then this will certainly be a new level in AI intelligence!!

Keep up the good work!

Offline KeyCat

• Members
No the enemy AI will only react to your squads gunfire and only if they are using the script (i.e are listed in the init field).

Due to script/engine limitations it's not perfect but it's IMO much better than default where you can lie a short distance away (couple of 100 m) and empty a mag in the air with your MG or toss grenades like a crazy man without the enemy AI noticing you :-\

If everything works out they will at least react by hitting the dirt and the leader will scan or move the group in direction of your gunfire.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2003, 18:29:30 by KeyCat »

CptBravo

Hi KeyCat,

I can't wait to try the new version!! :)

Is it going to have the option to add more west groupes? (fingers crossed yes!!) :)

I agree, this problem with AIs being deaf is a universal problem with most FPS games!! Kinda takes away from the realism. So it will certainly be a warm welcome to a script that adds that to the game.

I have tested your script by the way in a couple of missions and it is simply AWESOME!

Thanks

Offline KeyCat

• Members
I'm sorry to dissapoint you but the main priority in the upcoming version is to give enemy AI the "hearing aid" and have that working in multiplayer.

Hopefully I will find the bug causing problems with multiple target groups later. As I said it's on my "todo" list but I can't say when.

I have tested your script by the way in a couple of missions and it is simply AWESOME!

toadlife should have some of that credit since it was his original script that got me started! Anyway, glad you like it  :)

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2003, 02:41:33 by KeyCat »

CptBravo

Hi everyone,

Just a quick simple question regarding KeyCat AI script. Since it is only possible to use it with one target west group .. what would happen if I give 3 groups the same name?? Say all 3 target groupes will be group gw1 ?? I have tried it in mission and got no error msgs but hard to tell if the AI is responding to ALL 3 target groupes.

Any feed back is greatly appreciated!

Captain Bravo
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2003, 16:46:58 by CaptainBravo »

CptBravo

umm .. did I say ANY feedback is grrrreatly appreciated? :)

Offline Burn

• Members
Use all the debugging scripts that Toadlife and KeyCat used in their example missions, eg... markers.sqs etc... Or,
Why don't ya just E-Mail KeyCat ;) :P

CptBravo

hey Bizon,

My question has nothing to do with markers actually ...  ;D

My questions is : If I name gw1 as the target group and then go ahead and name 3 groupes gw1 .. would the AI respond to all 3 as the target group?? In other words can you name several group same name in OFP? Reason for doing this is because the current KeyCat AI script only responds to one target group.

I'll send a msg  to KeyCat.

Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2003, 23:08:25 by CaptainBravo »