Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Getting off the Helo and Board the truck..Damnit!  (Read 964 times)

rfountain

Getting off the Helo and Board the truck..Damnit!
« on: 06 Sep 2002, 03:36:54 »
Oh great scripting wizards.  I seek your wisdom. ???

I am creating a intro scene, where I want some Mi-17s and Mi-24s fly in from the ocean, come in and land.  I want troops to disembark and move to and board trucks.

I have set is up by naming the squads and moving them into the helos
In the squad leaders init field:

Sqd = group this; "_x moveinAsCargo helo" forEach units Sqd.

This works fine.

I have the helos land and transport unload synchronized with it the squads getout waypoints.

They then moved via waypoints to the back of the trucks and I place the following in the previous waypoint's activation field:

"UnassignVehicle _x" forEach units Sqd

Then at the next and final waypoint I have in the activation field:

"_x assignAsCargo truck" forEach units Sqd; [a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,I] orderGetIn true

However once they reach the back of the trucks they just stand there and do nothing.  I can't get them to do anything.  

I do not want to use the Load and GetIn synchronized waypoints because the trucks are part of a convoy and I want the troops to board a particular truck.

I am stuck and not sure how to proceed.  If anyone has any suggestions or ideas it would be much appreciated :D

DaRkmAn

Re:Getting off the Helo and Board the truck..Damnit!
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2002, 04:46:51 »
you could use waypoints, make the helo's TRANPORT UNLOAD, then make the group GET OUT right next to where the TRANPORT UNLOAD waypoint is, press F5 and synchronize them into each other, and then make a truck have a waypoint making it LOAD then make the unit GET IN...  right next to each other and synchronize them together, now the truck should wait for the unit to get to there waypoint before the truck will move on. After you have the truck LOAD and unit GET IN, make the trucks next waypoint where you want it to move. I hope this helps
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2002, 05:05:12 by DaRkmAn »