Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: starting a mission inside a plane (cargo)  (Read 970 times)

CopyKill

starting a mission inside a plane (cargo)
« on: 30 Jun 2003, 01:45:38 »
Hey there.. i'm quite new to the ofp-editing scene and i'm trying to accomplish my first co-op mp-mission with a storyboard.. now the beginning would be sitting inside the cargo bay of a flying transport plane and jump out with parachutes at a certain position (think i'll trigger a voice command at the propper position).

now the question is how to get the multiplayer starting posiotions to be inside the flying airplane (ai as pilot).. ??? didn't find the answer, so i try it here.. would be great if that was possible... ;D
thanx and regards, copy,
over and out.

CopyKill

Re:starting a mission inside a plane (cargo)
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2003, 01:56:49 »
well.. after trying out trigger stuff, i've triggered "player moveInCargo transport" at the starting point, which worked... so if somebody got a better idea i'd be interested, else i'll keep it the way it is (couldn't test it with multiple players though...)
regards, c.

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
Re:starting a mission inside a plane (cargo)
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2003, 05:24:18 »
Assuming the following:
  • all players are in the same group
  • the plane is named "transport"
you put the following in the init field of one of the soldiers in that group (say, the leader/officer, for good measure):
Code: [Select]
"_x moveInCargo transport" forEach units group thisand voilá, you are all inside the plane when the mission starts.

However, if all players are alone, i.e. not grouped together, each of them needs a
Code: [Select]
this moveInCargo transportin their respective init fields.