Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Body Armor  (Read 1565 times)

Seargent Sanderson

Body Armor
« on: 22 Jun 2003, 16:34:31 »
Has any1 ever thought about it? Like Kevlar vests and helmets for BAS Rangers/Deltas. I was just thinking about it while playin with em and thought "HEY, ARE'NT RANGERS AND DELTA SUPPOSED TO USE BODY ARMOR" So i was wondering if any1 can start use/making body armor.

Cheers,
                Delta Operator

Mav

Re:Body Armor
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2003, 16:36:30 »
The BAS delta and rangers do actually have higher armour ratings then normal soldiers, try shooting them in the same place with a pistol, see who dies first ;)

Eviscerator

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2003, 17:54:52 »
Has any1 ever thought about it? Like Kevlar vests and helmets for BAS Rangers/Deltas. I was just thinking about it while playin with em and thought "HEY, ARE'NT RANGERS AND DELTA SUPPOSED TO USE BODY ARMOR" So i was wondering if any1 can start use/making body armor.

Cheers,
                Delta Operator

The Deltas/Rangers already have body armour and kevlar helmets.

Oh and you spelt Sergeant incorrectly.

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2003, 04:29:32 »
hi

i was just wondering
Dont Deltas wear flak jackets?
not kevlar because it weighs them down, same reason they wear the pro tech hockey helmets, their usually crouched and arent worried about hitting thier heads

Thanx

"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2003, 06:19:54 »
if you have the BAS delta you will notice that they are wearing a kevlar helmet rather then a protech as they do in real life
they stoped using protech helmets as the special operations have the newer lighter kevlar heltmets which offer them much better protection

p00_p00

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2003, 14:15:57 »
Isnt Kevlar the material and Flak Jackets are the actual proper name for bullet proof vests which use Kevlar?

Yeah I noticed that recently, DAMN Deltas n Rangers take a beating: ME LIKE!

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2003, 14:19:15 »
Isnt Kevlar the material and Flak Jackets are the actual proper name for bullet proof vests which use Kevlar?

Yeah I noticed that recently, d**n Deltas n Rangers take a beating: ME LIKE!

No, flak jackets are designed to stop flak, bullet proof vests are designed to stop bullets.

p00_p00

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41:31 »
Hmmm I aint a millitery expert (im learning though), but I read it on a site that Kevlar is just material which is used in the production of Flak Jackets.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jun 2003, 14:49:40 »
Kevlar is a material used in making bullet-proof vests, but it's a slang term for body armour (eg. "I'm putting some kevlar on before I get shot"). Flak jackets are designed to stop bits of shrapnel, flying debris etc. and were developed in WWII for bomber crews, so that they'd have a better chance of surviving if they had to go through an enemy barrage. Unfortunately, most WWII bombers were too small for their crews to wear both flak jackets and parachutes, so it was a choice between not getting torn open by shrapnel but plunging to your death, or bailing out and getting opened up by flak  :-\