Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A GOOD medic  (Read 1041 times)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
A GOOD medic
« on: 15 Jun 2003, 21:16:00 »
Medics, at the moment, suck. I hate them. They wave their arms in the air and suddenly your broken legs are fine. Just like magic! OFP is supposed to be relaistic; why can't we have real wounds? Could somebody make an addon to make hits hurt?

My idea is this: Make a few animations that are executed when a unit takes a hit. If they're hit in the hand thatey fall down clutching it screaming "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, f***!! My HAND! It's gone!". They will they lie one the floor rolling around in agony. Then when the medic either sees this or is called, he runs over to the wounded guy gives him some morphine, maybe some stiches, bandages it up and pulls him out of the way to safety.

A lot of animations, textures and models would be required, but I think it would be great. You could even have people bleeding to death if the medic doesn't get there in time, or they don't get to a field hospital in time.

bigdog632

Re:A GOOD medic
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2003, 21:29:33 »
in the injury dept you cant be realistic

in this game both teams would spend a long time in a hospital and guys would get bored and find a more action packed server

i like the bleed to death stuff though so ya dont get shot injured in the middle of BFE and have to crawl somewhere

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
Re:A GOOD medic
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2003, 16:28:01 »
I agree it would be boring for multiplayer games; but the idea is for SP. I would just love to see AI soldiers being pulled away, or evenplaying as a medic. I would never make a mission at the moment in which you play a medic but if injuries and medics were more realistic, I would definately make one.